Topic: Smashing

Why's every fucker 'Smashing it!!!' these days?

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Re: Smashing

Seems to just mean - 'carried out an activity with a mild degree of success' as well when you enquire a little bit. The gulf between life how it is actually lived and life how it is portrayed seems every wider these days.

I smashed it making that curry last night. (It was edible and nobody was poisoned by it).

The only thing that should be smashed is the back of the net

And maybe avocado

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Sales wanker speak innit. Along with super which has crept in, eg “Im SUPER excited” about something that is probably dull as fuck.

Totes.....

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

I just 'smashed' my L1 functional skills lesson.  (I gave them a handout and let them leave 40 mins early)

Aim Low and miss...

Awesome

Nailed it

Enjoy

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

Used to quite like the term used in the military for describing a certain activity with a member of the opposite sex as smashing her back door in.

Any other use of it is rather annoying.

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

I have a similar issue with the use of 'Legend' these days anybody who does anything mildly amusing or with a moderate degree of dexterity is a 'Legend'. Linguistically of course, there can be a strong element of purposeful exaggeration for comedic value, I get that bit. Its the broader use that annoys me.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Banter, Banta, Bants - just fuck off

CBIT wrote:

Banter, Banta, Bants - just fuck off

The stock excuse for just being a cunt to someone ''Its just banter''.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Got this cliched smasher sending out video updates on Linkedin every day.

Today he surpassed himself by stating, "I'll be in New York to basically sheep-dip myself.." big_smile

Everything that's wrong with corporate speak, corporate wankers and that whole HR lexicon of talking absolute shite..

[video]

Last edited by king of the slums (Fri 05 Jan 2018 10:06 am)

A simple city boy with wild grown country tastes

First heard ' Smashed it' about 10 years ago from the bloke who had Dupe Clothes ... boring story short - at some trade show in Italy where he apparently smashed it. Nice bloke, full of it though and obviously he didnt 'smash it'

I havent reached out to him in a while big_smile

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Fri 05 Jan 2018 2:22 pm)

Take off hosers ...

king of the slums wrote:

Today he surpassed himself by stating, "I'll be in New York to basically sheep-dip myself.." big_smile

Everything that's wrong with corporate speak, corporate wankers and that whole HR lexicon of talking absolute shite..

[video]

I'm fucking agog at that cunt.  Jesus.  At least film it in fucking landscape you tit.

Someone is going going to have to help me.  Sheep dip.  I presume means cover himself?

Aim Low and miss...

I miss the old barrow boy recruitment patois of the late 90's.

A time of deals "doing the Niki" or "the Lauda," i.e. crashed and burned.

Set of c*nts but they had the banter before it was known as anything.

-----

Tell you whose the worse, the middle class snowboarding brigade, where it's all sick and epic as well smashing it. Add in "pow-pow" (for fresh powdered snow) and then people confessing to being jelly (jealous) because you "got two weeks in Sapporo for some serious sick pow-pow," and I seriously want to hurt people...

Last edited by king of the slums (Fri 09 Mar 2018 3:42 pm)

A simple city boy with wild grown country tastes

* hides ski club application form  *

Take off hosers ...

king of the slums wrote:

Calling out underlings as being "a one armed paperboy,", i.e. they struggle to deliver.

-----

Tell you whose the worse, the middle class snowboarding brigade, where it's all sick and epic as well smashing it. Add in "pow-pow" (for fresh powdered snow) and then people confessing to being jelly (jealous) because you "got two weeks in Sapporo for some serious sick pow-pow," and I seriously want to hurt people...

Encountered a bunch exactly like in a pub in Lyon a few years ago. It was all sick bantz and loud annoying drinking games, shit surfer/boarder clothes and shitter hair. We ripped the piss out of the drinking game and got offered out. 3 of us, 6 of them. My mate who is a stocky manc cunt said ok lets have yer then and we all walked out, they stayed seating.

^^^^  Ha Ha ha Ha - that is totes epic mate - fucking ace bantz mate - sick yah.  Ha Ha ha - you smashed their bantz out the park totally!

Aim Low and miss...

king of the slums wrote:

[video]

Sheep-dip himself?

He sounds a bit Welsh. Maybe he's going because he thinks he can maximise his chances of finding a sexual partner?

sheep dip = immerse.

king of the slums wrote:

Calling out underlings as being "a one armed paperboy,", i.e. they struggle to deliver.

-----

I've had wallers telling me how "you've never skied before or boarded, you'd love it" for years and the more they tell me the less I want to do it. Much prefer hill 60 - 30 kids on a 40 foot tarp from Rycrofts any day. Less weapons and less dough than Chamonix or whatever... *cunts thread.....

LinkedIn? I use it. Don't post so much. And never been Sheep dipped, the fuck does that mean?!

placidcasual wrote:
king of the slums wrote:

-----

I've had wallers telling me how "you've never skied before or boarded, you'd love it" for years and the more they tell me the less I want to do it. Much prefer hill 60 - 30 kids on a 40 foot tarp from Rycrofts any day. Less weapons and less dough than Chamonix or whatever... *cunts thread.....

LinkedIn? I use it. Don't post so much. And never been Sheep dipped, the fuck does that mean?!

Don't let posh twats and bell ends put you off what is one of the great pass times. Being out in the open mountain air and the freedom to ski or board where you like. I have ski'd for 27 years and I am a working class lad (and much prefer expletive laden sentences to cliched ones), and bloody love it, there is simply no better family holiday. It is one of the main reasons I am still in Japan. I pestered my brother for donkeys years and finally he went about 8 years for the first time. He goes twice a year now, absolutely loves it and he is not really a 'sporty' type at all.

https://www.oipolloi.com/?utm_medium=em … %20Smashed

Take off hosers ...