Topic: Three Billboards

Anybody seen? Reports?

Re: Three Billboards

Not hitting Birmingham cinemas until January 2018.  But I'm looking forward to it.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Looks ace

Saw it on the big screen yesterday. It falls somewhere between gritty realism and cartoonish farce. Peddles some rather tired redneck/racial stereotypes but at times is darkly humorous and hard-hitting--literally so, though I feel the film could have been as effective without so much physical violence and foul language.

Definitely worth seeing--especially the performances of Frances McDormand and Woody Harrelson--if imho not quite as good as some critics may have you believe.

Looks good this -same director as In Bruges (excellent) and Seven Psychopaths (passable)

Bitter sweet, funny, heart felt. Well shot great actors.

Woody Harleson
Frances McDermond
Sam Rockwell

Go see it. It's good.

Have you not all seen this yet?

Jaldi, jaldi....

I hated the ending.

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

I saw it yesterday - very good.  Very very good.  I liked the ending.  I liked the two coming together and the looseness of it.

One bit irked me and that was how the Rockwell character was not arrested.  That felt a bit silly in what was realism throughout.

I was captivated throughout though and not once did I drift of to think of my tea.

I liked the language and I liked the juxtopostion of the violence and the black humour. 

Also the the fire bit was very KKK - symbolic.

Last edited by danpiesley (Sat 24 Feb 2018 1:13 pm)

Aim Low and miss...

The Woody Harrelson bit brought tears to my eyes.

I hope you went out smiling like a child, into the cool remnant of a dream.