Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

Chopper Read wrote:
CBIT wrote:

Leeds United's Director of Football Victor Orta has revealed to the club's official website that the decision to loan out new signing Yosuke Ideguchi was linked to the fierce competition for midfield places at Elland Road.

fuckin clueless idiot

I find it hard to believe someone can be so fucking stupid.  Midfield has been our problem for the last 15 years.  He needs sacking if he said that!

I wonder the reasoning. If you are looking to offload midfielders in the summer, you need them playing and in the shop window. If that IS the tactic, then this begs the question of how real they see promotion this season. If he is truly in there to strengthen the squad, surely he should be playing assuming the visa is sorted.

Personally, my gut says they bought very cheaply and he is good as a 'sell-on' later.

On the other hand, they are buying lots of young lads cheaply to hopefully form the basis of the first team in x years hence. This is no bad thing either but requires patience from fans, which of course we don't have after 15 years of mayhem.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

I sense something special happening here. The up and coming Japanese footballer in a strange foreign town and the princess he has always loved , uncannily in the same city..... beautiful

If that is what it takes to get her to a home game, then that is what it takes.. The J-press would be all over that one, bigly.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

So when do we sign this "lad"?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42645881

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

CharlieG wrote:

So when do we sign this "lad"?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42645881

Ace mans desu smile

A simple city boy with wild grown country tastes

Just saw him on the news 10 minutes ago, training in Guam. Still moves well for his age

Mitaman wrote:
king of the slums wrote:

Done deal, at half a mill.

He's gonna be Japan's main face at the WC. This feels really good. I really hope it works out for him. He's been stellar for Osaka and Japan. He could easily be our next Dacourt. Hope they give him the number 8 shirt. You know as a Japanese competitive type if you give him the 8 shirt and then show him the footage of Billy he'll then be hardwired to never let you down and try and be Billy. He'll be a 120% player. Club needs to channel and tap into that spirit. No point giving 120% if the rest are giving 70%. In Japan the 70% get dropped. Hope we can integrate him into the club well with no fucking about, he could be a steel at this price if handled correctly. Only concern is Japanese players have not travelled well in the UK, thing is these have all been really good players who were fucked around or given no support. Exception being Nakamura at Celtic I guess, but they don't tend to stay long..

It's official, I'm buying a shirt once he gets a squad number...

Mitaman - let's get the Tokyo Whites official SC status. I can see us getting on the telly over here, god knows we deserve it smile

Interestingly, I did try about 10 year ago to register it, I wrote to the bloke who was in charge of the SC at that time, can't remember his name (he was always in the press though), and after about three attempts, he finally contacted me he was more than a little abrupt and basically told me to forget it. I thought he was a pathetic fuck to be honest, I was very close to take him down a notch or two, but couldn't be arsed in the end. I will have another go then.

Just googled it, Eric Carlisle I think it was.

Just emailed the secretary, lets see if that works.

Bloody hell. Just read he died aged 89, now I feel bad. Didn’t realise he was that old, wouldn’t have been so harsh on him. R.I.P.

Nowhere to be found on the Dunhill WC suits promo shots.

https://cyclestyle.net/imgs/p/VV1edTZuitQuloxsN4RzFBspniShQiYhICMi/283952.jpg

Dropped from the Japan final 23, lack of match time being cited as the reason, nailed on certainty before leaving Japan for Leeds.

Yep, they really fucked this one up, feel sorry for the lad. Heck's comments were pretty brutal as well, bit of a shithouse, the useless twat should have cancelled his loan and got him back to Leeds for the long dead end of the season - if he's not playing in the Spanish 2nd division he may as well not play in the English 2nd division, get to know the set up at least.

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

I wonder about this.

Would he have played on our bench/ played fleetingly for us last season made any difference to his national selection? Would he have regular game time with us last season, again, would that have made any difference?

If he isn't good enough for a mid-table 2nd Div English side, and not good enough for a 2nd Div. Spanish side, surely that tells its own story no?

Or am I missing something.

Mitaman wrote:

I wonder about this.

Would he have played on our bench/ played fleetingly for us last season made any difference to his national selection? Would he have regular game time with us last season, again, would that have made any difference?

If he isn't good enough for a mid-table 2nd Div English side, and not good enough for a 2nd Div. Spanish side, surely that tells its own story no?

Or am I missing something.

I doubt he could be arsed at the Spanish pub side to be honest.

JFA have stated that he was dropped for not getting any game time after the close of last J-League season

But as for missing something...

This, in effect scoring the goal that takes your country to the World Cup, shit goal too, is a good starting point..

That was quite a good goal, and reminded me a lot of you in your playing days..

It still begs the question, why neither team felt compelled to play him?

that goal is up there with LIngards v tunisia

You would think it was spelled out to him prior to signing exactly what his path to the first team was going to be? I remember some people talking about the signing as if it were more to do with developing a market i Japan. If that was the case I can only assume it has failed spectacularly, to such a degree the club would have been better off never signing him than it playing out the way it has. It's a weird one.

I have to return some video tapes

He's a good player, but not a big big name. I'd dare say his signing would not open up the Japan market in itself, especially if we fuck it up and he's in the press saying what a hole it is. I'm wondering if he's come in as a stable mate of someone bigger. You have to remember the cultures are different and he will not speak a lick of English, but then we've signed a Japanese junior, so he must be the big name.

He's good, but doubt you can drop in him in there and he'll need a lot of support off the pitch, hence the other lad joining.

A lot of people are saying he's young but could be the next Nakata, he's missed out on the World Cup by 1 or 2 places really, nothing more.

I think with the right support and I think we have the right manager for him, Japanese will give 120% for the cause and boss, if they know what the cause is and who the boss is. He'd die of shame if he didn't try to knock it out of the park every time and knowing the Japanese he's going to have a good engine on him.

Key is getting him embedded (long way from home with no English) and up to speed on the English game.

Could be a long shot, but he's already showed promise and could be a Nakata / Dacourt style player, need him understudying Forshaw and not dropped in the deep end.

He in effect gave up his WC place for Leeds, so let's see..

As you say,  he'll put the collar in and work his balls off which Bielsa seems to want as a basis for all his players to start from

I'm really interested to see in the ins and outs during pre-season and who he sees as his starting 11 - I suspect many of us could predict it now but I also think there'll be a few surprises where people have lifted themselves ready for the challenge rather than sit back and have a cushy life

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

We might not have seen this one as I searched in Japanese, let it warm your cockles a while..

Ignore the music.

That first goal smile better than the Aussie goal and that's Japan's previous national keeper.

Then the 2nd (spawned but nice enough) big_smile

We've obviously seen something we like.. smile

Last edited by king of the slums (Fri 29 Jun 2018 3:24 pm)

Sounds ace. Nakata was quality. Quite a big Japanese community at the University, all be it students.

How do we (leeds gloits) pronounce his name?

placidcasual wrote:

Sounds ace. Nakata was quality. Quite a big Japanese community at the University, all be it students.

How do we (leeds gloits) pronounce his name?

Id ("id"iot)  day (break) guchi (like Gucci the brand)

Pretty easy, just remember DE makes the sound DAY and you're laughing..

Hot shot,
Pinpoint cross,
EE DAY GUCHI

Mmm, lets hope its not just:

Ha ha ha, didn't impress, very much rated over here, that being said we do turn a lot of players big_smile

Japanese press full of reports that "he's not sure what is going on."

They're also not holding back on twitter comments, that he scored a 4 out 10 at Oxford and is a "shit player."

All of them are confused at his spell in Spain, where he got 5 matches.

Looks like Yosuke might be our first and last Japanese player based on this.

League 1 or come back home and shine in the J-League, I know which I'd prefer... smile

Last edited by king of the slums (Fri 27 Jul 2018 1:10 am)