Topic: Giggs new Wales boss

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42691334

Not particularly breaking news but it did make me wonder whether or not he'd revert to type and:

1.  Only turn up for the important games
2.  Try and shag one of the players' wives

Bit of a mistake appointment in my opinion - any of our Welsh contingent have a view?  Or even our non-Welsh........?

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Re: Giggs new Wales boss

Kinda liked the Welsh football team.... Until now

The Welsh F A in recent years like to take a punt on a young manager. It’s worked quite well after the likes of Gould and toshack failed.
I’d of preferred Bellamy, for his passion. The team virtually picks itself ,after that it’s down to the manager to sort the tactics.
It must of been getting embarrassing for Giggs, left on the shelf for every job ,for the last couple of years.
The bar is set high now.

To stand aside is to take sides.

From a United perspective  i'm not sure if he will be a good Manager, and we all know being a decent player almost counts ago you. He will have the respect because of his career but not a natural leader.
Only thing I will say is fair play for at least having a go at management, unlike sidelines pundits/experts/bottlers like Shearer, Carragher, Murphy, Redknapp, Ferdinand etc.  He could sit at his name home with still £30m in the bag and 6 1/2 PL medals to look at, plus all the others, and take the easy once a week TV gig for the next 20 years.
He might still end up doing it in a few years time if he fails, but at least he is having a go.

Last edited by cordshoes (Tue 16 Jan 2018 4:21 pm)

Who do you think you are, Bremner?

Aren't you allowed to put any of your lot in the sidelines pundits/experts/bottlers  category ? and didn't big Al have a go with the geordie nation ?

CBIT wrote:

Aren't you allowed to put any of your lot in the sidelines pundits/experts/bottlers  category ? and didn't big Al have a go with the geordie nation ?

I don't see many ex MUFC players as pundits. Scholes and Nevilles are doing it but looking at management plus sniffing around with Salford and that's about it. The 4 I mentioned have been at it every week for years.
Lots of ex United have gone on to have a go at managing with not much success, so maybe the comfort zone lot are right.

cordshoes wrote:
CBIT wrote:

I don't see many ex MUFC players as pundits. Scholes and Nevilles are doing it but looking at management plus sniffing around with Salford and that's about it. The 4 I mentioned have been at it every week for years.
Lots of ex United have gone on to have a go at managing with not much success, so maybe the comfort zone lot are right.

Phils commentary of England will live long in the memory and as for that one from Middleton way he's even finishing a few sentences now. Not bad for a man who shuns the limelight and cracks on he wants to manage Oldham

Then's there is Ferdinand who fits in a bit between warming  up to fight Tyson Fury.

Giggs ? Young Lee Sharp, That red nosed keeper they all did a bit .

Badly

S

opinions eh, but not the regular experts on telly box. Giggs could have sat there pontificating for years.
Give you Ferdinand though, the wrongun.

Phil getting the Womens team job will be interesting cos h doesn't even rule the roost in his own house so god knows what a squad of them will do to him.

cordshoes wrote:

opinions eh, but not the regular experts on telly box. Giggs could have sat there pontificating for years.

Phil getting the Womens team job will be interesting cos h doesn't even rule the roost in his own house so god knows what a squad of them will do to him.

Anyway I though you FC hated all  them nouveau riche Salford City lot.

On a Salford note is that Willows club shut now ?

Mega Armageddon Chickens wrote:
cordshoes wrote:

No that arsed about Salford city but the CO92 stuff is nauseating and they are not hiding their greedy bastards status well.

Willows shut about 15 years ago I reckon, same as Batley variety....them places were ace for a good laugh
Mad to think Odyssey were on there for the price of a couple of pints.

cordshoes wrote:
Mega Armageddon Chickens wrote:
cordshoes wrote:

No that arsed about Salford city but the CO92 stuff is nauseating and they are not hiding their greedy bastards status well.

Willows shut about 15 years ago I reckon, same as Batley variety....them places were ace for a good laugh
Mad to think Odyssey were on there for the price of a couple of pints.

The Frontier shut ?

Take off hosers ...

cordshoes wrote:

From a United perspective  i'm not sure if he will be a good Manager, and we all know being a decent player almost counts ago you. He will have the respect because of his career but not a natural leader.
Only thing I will say is fair play for at least having a go at management, unlike sidelines pundits/experts/bottlers like Shearer, Carragher, Murphy, Redknapp etc.  He could sit at his name home with still £30m in the bag and 6 1/2 PL medals to look at, plus all the others, and take the easy once a week TV gig for the next 20 years.
He might still end up doing it in a few years time if he fails, but at least he is having a go.

Shearer did have a go at management, didn't go quite to plan. Gary Neville, great pundit, terrible manager. Its about knowing your own skillset, if you don't think you are cut out for management and the BBC/ Sky whoever ask you to do a spot for them, why not?

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

cordshoes wrote:

Who does???

Seriously,  is anyone on here big enough to say they do?

I certainly f*cking don't

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
cordshoes wrote:

Who does???

I know my place in the pecking order.   It's somewhere below the dogs and above the goldfish.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

cordshoes wrote:

Who does???

Big decision our lass doesn't fancy but it's way easier to delegate all things house to her, I don't want the hassle.  Why would you?

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

cordshoes wrote:

Who does???

lol .... looks nervously over shoulder

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Tue 16 Jan 2018 12:52 pm)

Take off hosers ...

Was going to get involved in the debate but the Mrs is due home, shortly and all I've done is loaf about on t'interweb and Spotify, so, y'know......er, laters, like.
hmm

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Call yerselves Yorkshiremen.......thas 'nabbut lapdogs to slips o'girls. sad

Last edited by cordshoes (Tue 16 Jan 2018 4:22 pm)