Re: Boxing

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Mega Armageddon Chickens wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Loma beat Rigo convincingly.  Got to be lb for lb champ in my book.  He's unbelievable.

Bob Arum rates him even higher !

Rates him what?   Best in human class in solar system?

Best since Ali

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/42264257

Next time I'll remember the link

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Bob Arum rates him even higher !

Rates him what?   Best in human class in solar system?

Best since Ali

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/42264257

Next time I'll remember the link

Right.  He may he right, he's absolutely superb.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Not seen any of this weekend's boxing yet apart from a clip of Stephen smiths ear.

Nasty

scootay wrote:

Not seen any of this weekend's boxing yet apart from a clip of Stephen smiths ear.

Nasty

Never seen anything like that.  From a butt......

Selby v Warrington has been announced.

I got told it was confirmed over a week ago but they can't book elland road as it coincides with the play off dates.. it's definitely Leeds so probably the arena again for him

That is of course because Leeds are planning on being in the play offs

How do you rate Josh's chances Scoots?  Personally I think he will be prepared well, he has been getting better but Selby will have to have an off night which is more likely than it was.  Both on top form it would be quite one sided I'm afraid.

scootay wrote:

I got told it was confirmed over a week ago but they can't book elland road as it coincides with the play off dates.. it's definitely Leeds so probably the arena again for him

Michael mcantyre is at the arena that night (don’t ask how I know).

To stand aside is to take sides.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

How do you rate Josh's chances Scoots?  Personally I think he will be prepared well, he has been getting better but Selby will have to have an off night which is more likely than it was.  Both on top form it would be quite one sided I'm afraid.

I think Selby is a bit of a class act but I think you're right about josh.  He's improved a lot. Neither are knockout artists but like to mix it up.  Warrington has to go for him all out.. roar of the crowd behind him, get some momentum going and he can do it on the night..

I think he's done the right thing by waiting instead of trying two years ago.

I'll be going all being well.

I've got tickets for groves v eubank jnr next month. Looking forward to that too

white dragon wrote:
scootay wrote:

Michael mcantyre is at the arena that night (don’t ask how I know).

How does anyone find him funny? How does he fill arenas? Why is he still alive?

scootay wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

I think Selby is a bit of a class act but I think you're right about josh.  He's improved a lot. Neither are knockout artists but like to mix it up.  Warrington has to go for him all out.. roar of the crowd behind him, get some momentum going and he can do it on the night..

I think he's done the right thing by waiting instead of trying two years ago.

I'll be going all being well.

I've got tickets for groves v eubank jnr next month. Looking forward to that too

Yeah, can't wait for that too.  I reckon Eubank could underestimate Groves, big mistake.

Groves win to set up a rematch with DeGale.  Groves to win that and have one or two big money fight in the US and retire with very fat pockets.

Hope he bought that ref in the first Froch fight a case of something as it earned him £8m.

I think groves will do eubank and I'm hoping it's gonna be a great fight. I've got good seats but will probably be pissed

scootay wrote:

I think groves will do eubank and I'm hoping it's gonna be a great fight. I've got good seats but will probably be pissed

Yeah, don't think Eubank had the ring craft.

This is tonight isn't it?

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

It is tonight, close one to call. I keep changing my mind, right now I think groves will edge it on points.

Looked at tickets for Warrington vs Selby, cheapest ones were £80, I must be getting old and tight as that seems like a fortune to me.

Seems most pundits are going for Eubank.  I'm hoping for a stream but  if I can't find one I'm paying for it.  Should be a cracker, they both believe they are the better man.  I don't think it will go to points.  I was favouring Groves but I'm now thinking Eubank in 10 or 11.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Seems most pundits are going for Eubank.  I'm hoping for a stream but  if I can't find one I'm paying for it.  Should be a cracker, they both believe they are the better man.  I don't think it will go to points.  I was favouring Groves but I'm now thinking Eubank in 10 or 11.

It's showing on cricfree.   get yourself firefox and a popup blocker just in case.

space wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

It's showing on cricfree.   get yourself firefox and a popup blocker just in case.

Cheers.  Reckon they'll come in about 9:30?

Ring girls big_smile

I'm on http://www.usagoals.me/c/boxing/2435146 … ve-stream/

and Ublock

Well they've both got shit musical taste

Groves bossing it.  Eubank not getting in range and is cut.

The way Eubanks is swinging that right around I think he could knock someone out. 

Most likely the ref or himself.

Last edited by space (Yesterday 11:53 pm)

Chris Eubank Jr.  The Billy Paynter of punching.

Eubank landing fuck all.  Swinging at thin air and innefective close up.