Topic: Jethro Tull

genius or just fucking mad

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

Re: Jethro Tull

Genius and a bit mad.  I love them.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Ian Anderson would kill for that barnet now.

Site stalwart.

I had my 16th birthday in Los boliches.  Went with my cousin who's dad owned three bars over there. I recorded a load of cassettes and took a tape player. Mainly style council, and err..style council.  Our Shaun took thick as a brick amongst other jethro tull albums he only took jethro tull albums with him. I'd never heard of him. I've also never heard anything since. There was a young Spanish girl who was running our jims burger bar.. she was fit as fuck and I spent a long time trying it on... my cousin, a couple of nights in passes his jethro tull thick as a fuckin brick cassette across the counter to play.. not only did she play it.. she knew ol jethro well and loved him. She thought the style council were Shite and basically I knew I was fucked but didn't know why.

scootay wrote:

I had my 16th birthday in Los boliches.  Went with my cousin who's dad owned three bars over there. I recorded a load of cassettes and took a tape player. Mainly style council, and err..style council.  Our Shaun took thick as a brick amongst other jethro tull albums he only took jethro tull albums with him. I'd never heard of him. I've also never heard anything since. There was a young Spanish girl who was running our jims burger bar.. she was fit as fuck and I spent a long time trying it on... my cousin, a couple of nights in passes his jethro tull thick as a fuckin brick cassette across the counter to play.. not only did she play it.. she knew ol jethro well and loved him. She thought the style council were Shite and basically I knew I was fucked but didn't know why.

Everyone's teenage years summed up in one line.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Hippies.

Couldn't hold a candle to Canned Heat

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

Couldn't hold a candle to Canned Heat

Yeah.  Canned Heat wouldn't have some hippy dip-shit with a flute.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Absolute shite.

Canned heat are ace. On the road again........mam

I am just a common breed

Canned Heat awesome.

Lame Claim to fame alert.

My Uncle's sister married Ian Anderson and my mum and dad went to the wedding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennie_Franks  -I see they got married in 1970, I was born in 1969 so I see the hoisted me off to some relative when I was a babe in arms!  Pfffffft.

I don't mind a bit of Jethro Tull as it goes.

Last edited by danpiesley (Mon 29 Jan 2018 5:17 pm)

Aim Low and miss...

Shite!

Watching this made me wish I still had my loon pants and Afghan coat smile

Always thought Johnny Rotten's psycho stare came from his medical history, but I reckon now he must have been watching that TOTP episode. Mind you, it was a band thing: one well known photo shows the whole lot of them bug-eyed.

In its prime (early 70s) Jethro Tull was an outstanding band unlike any other on the scene at the time.  Ian Anderson was a brilliant songwriter but also tended to create overblown conceptual claptrap.

Best album imho: the seriously underrated Benefit

Other album picks: Stand Up, Heavy Horses, Songs from the Wood (but the last two only if you like English pastoral folk rock)

Best song imho: Wond'ring Again

pipoldchap wrote:

Watching this made me wish I still had my loon pants and Afghan coat smile

Always thought Johnny Rotten's psycho stare came from his medical history, but I reckon now he must have been watching that TOTP episode. Mind you, it was a band thing: one well known photo shows the whole lot of them bug-eyed.

In its prime (early 70s) Jethro Tull was an outstanding band unlike any other on the scene at the time.  Ian Anderson was a brilliant songwriter but also tended to create overblown conceptual claptrap.

Best album imho: the seriously underrated Benefit

Other album picks: Stand Up, Heavy Horses, Songs from the Wood (but the last two only if you like English pastoral folk rock)

Best song imho: Wond'ring Again

Yep.  I like Locomotive Breath too.

On the strength of your empassioned posts on them Im going to give them an intent listen to see if my earlier negativity can be abated.

Yep still shite.

placidcasual wrote:

Yep still shite.

big_smile

1 minute

You lasted longer than me

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Ha Ha ha Ha

Aim Low and miss...