Re: Christiansen sacked

Reggie Perrin wrote:

I'd never knock any chancer taking the job, I even almost warmed to Evans.  I really despair though when we go cheap as it signals our compete lack of ambition.  We are a mod table Championship outfit in almost every way when it comes to money and it staggers me that there are no super rich wankers prepared to waste £200m on us like they do on other clubs.

This is the point right here. If we don't have the cash, we don't have the cash, simple. No point getting angry, and it has nothing to do with lack of ambition, just lack of cash.

'Welcome @49ers to our family ...together to make the history of our glorious Club'   Kim J. U.

So hes signed on friday with barnsley knowing full well along with the Barnsley chairman that Leeds Utd will come in for him after the weekend "make sure you sign here first theres 500k up for grabs" ?
Its all been too quick for all those involved not to have know what might happen did happen

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

Radz has been interviewed by Phil Hay in the YEP about TC.  TC is to blame for everything, and Orta is doing a great job.  Lacking class in my opinion.

He's getting sucked into the popularity competition with the fans Radz. Needs to be seen and not heard fo rme. Let the action on the pitch and the round the club do the talking.

He's done some great stuff since being here in terms of creating an exciting place to go again, certainly the best owner it would seem we've had for the longest time.

Tell you what is interesting, driving away form the ground I couldn't help thinking that Jansson was feigning injury and shit out on Saturday. Just seemed an innocuous challenge and didn't warrant all the hullabaloo. Low and behold he's declared himself fit for Saturday.

From that piece it seems that he's been in the exit lounge at the very least after the Newport game, stuff like that permeates out and into the subordinates even in our work places but especially in somewhere where every fucker is on twitter and 50000 wallers with smart phones are tweeting the owner, manager and players with their tuppenth.

For some reason a lot of fans have suddenly started thinking that consistently winning football matches is part of the Leeds United supporters experience.  Where the fuck did this come from?

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

placidcasual wrote:

He's getting sucked into the popularity competition with the fans Radz. Needs to be seen and not heard fo rme. Let the action on the pitch and the round the club do the talking.

He's done some great stuff since being here in terms of creating an exciting place to go again, certainly the best owner it would seem we've had for the longest time.

Tell you what is interesting, driving away form the ground I couldn't help thinking that Jansson was feigning injury and shit out on Saturday. Just seemed an innocuous challenge and didn't warrant all the hullabaloo. Low and behold he's declared himself fit for Saturday.

From that piece it seems that he's been in the exit lounge at the very least after the Newport game, stuff like that permeates out and into the subordinates even in our work places but especially in somewhere where every fucker is on twitter and 50000 wallers with smart phones are tweeting the owner, manager and players with their tuppenth.

Yep, see also the discipline, think TC had lost the dressing room up to a point. Radz made some interesting points (no communication from TC, not instilling confidence in the players) but he should keep his mouth shut, saying the job was too big and that he made a mistake giving it to TC is not classy at all. Shaddapayaface!!

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

space wrote:

For some reason a lot of fans have suddenly started thinking that consistently winning football matches is part of the Leeds United supporters experience.  Where the fuck did this come from?

Ha ha, spot on mate

placidcasual wrote:

I agree with these points. He is generally speaking doing a good job, all things considered, but he does come across as a little childish. He needs to stand back a little and say less.

'Welcome @49ers to our family ...together to make the history of our glorious Club'   Kim J. U.

AR has gone down in my opinion for heaping all the blame on to TC, not a classy move at all and the kind of trick Cellino would have pulled off.

Then he admits that buying foreigners has not worked and will now go after cheap domestic youth. Will have a clear out in the summer. This sounds like PH speaking to me and it makes sense, but doesn't erase the fact we've got 20+ foreigners and two look decent and this is not TCs fault.

The jury is firmly out on AR now, time to start being a chairman and less like a kid with a shiny new toy.

king of the slums wrote:

AR has gone down in my opinion for heaping all the blame on to TC, not a classy move at all and the kind of trick Cellino would have pulled off.

Then he admits that buying foreigners has not worked and will now go after cheap domestic youth. Will have a clear out in the summer. This sounds like PH speaking to me and it makes sense, but doesn't erase the fact we've got 20+ foreigners and two look decent and this is not TCs fault.

The jury is firmly out on AR now, time to start being a chairman and less like a kid with a shiny new toy.

This would suggest to me that The Beard is potentially in the cross-hairs also?

space wrote:

Funniest post in ages.

Investing in youth, i hear ... amen to that.

Take off hosers ...

Mitaman wrote:
king of the slums wrote:

This would suggest to me that The Beard is potentially in the cross-hairs also?

Looks that way. Just read his pt2 not great but we’ve had much worse

space wrote:

Like your style.
Just accept we're shite and crack on with it!

Never looked at it that way,but yeah that actually works.

Go Heck go!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

king of the slums wrote:

He was all for sticking with the badge too.
Phoned Kinnear half pissed (from Singapore) ranting about the fans reaction "It's my club and I'll do what I want with it!"

Kinnear talked him round though.

FACT!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Old Wharfedaler wrote:
king of the slums wrote:

Phoned Kinnear half pissed (from Singapore) ranting about the fans reaction "It's my club and I'll do what I want with it!"

FACT!

Where'd you hear about that mate?

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Old Wharfedaler wrote:
king of the slums wrote:

FACT!

In a legal sense, yes he is the owner, but football clubs are complicated beasts, in that there is almost an implied 'equitable' ownership by the fans. In such an instance, his role is one of custodian rather than outright owner. In light of this, he should perhaps change his thinking, because his legal ownership isn't worth dick without the explicit backing of the fan base. Whether he likes or not.

Radz admitted to Phil Hay  they don't have the money for big names players or managers, hence  foreign players and young  managers.

I also think most people forget this is the first club he's ever run...hence the errors with TC. At least  Heckie knows the league and Leeds' history,  their bogey teams and local rivalry. At times you thought TC was surprised at how Milwall/cardiff  were set up...the you realise anyone  who's been at the club longer than 3 years had gone. Stix is the only one there who remember evryone down to o'leary, wilko or the revie era.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Old Wharfedaler wrote:
king of the slums wrote:

FACT!

Marketing at ER.

(ex colleague).

Old Wharfedaler wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
Old Wharfedaler wrote:

FACT!

Marketing at ER.

(ex colleague).

Cheers.  Interesting.

TC seemed to meekly accept his fate.  Did he know the game was up at Christmas?

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Mon 12 Feb 2018 12:15 pm)

Reggie Perrin wrote:

TC seemed to meekly accept his fate.  Did he know the game was up at Christmas?

I suspect they set a target points haul for January, he probably knew mid/late-month his number was up.

Last edited by Mitaman (Tue 13 Feb 2018 1:49 am)