Topic: Altered Carbon

Another sci-fi original from Netflix.

It's kind of a mish-mash of Bladerunner, Freejack and The Expanse (which you should really have watched already).

On the monkey scale I'd say it was an orangutan riding a small bicycle, which equates to about 8/10 in old money.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Re: Altered Carbon

I gave up after 2 episodes, couldn't get into it, too much going on. Lots of naked ladies in it though, which is nice.

Last edited by Revieswhites (Thu 08 Feb 2018 12:15 am)

Billy Hunt Billy Hunt Billy Billy Beleive!

Revieswhites wrote:

I gave up after 2 episodes, couldn't get into it, too much going on. Lots of naked ladies in it though, which is nice.

I found that.  Also found that with The Expanse too.  But they're both worth sticking with it.  Lots of violence.  And nudity.  What else do you want?

Yes I gave up with the expanse as well, so you say they get better ?

Billy Hunt Billy Hunt Billy Billy Beleive!

Revieswhites wrote:

Yes I gave up with the expanse as well, so you say they get better ?

I gave up on the expanse half way through the first episode and then went back to it when I realised they'd made two more seasons.  But yes.  It does get better.  Then (I thought) got really good.  You have to suspend your knowledge of physics and space travel a bit - i.e. a plot device used a few times of spaceships and stations running out of air - it's a closed system FFS, it's all recycled using reagents or catalysts and power.  No cunt would go into space with a finite fucking air and water supply...  but once you get passed twatisms like that the drama is good.  The main characters are quite strong and you invest a lot in them.