Re: Coincidences

TT, I don't know you other than from on here, but you come across as a person with both good IQ & EQ levels. You appear to be physically fit, relatively handsome (although dodgy barnet), fairly well presented and you work hard. You appear to always have possessed these traits. I certainly don't know your wife/ partner, but I suspect see possesses the same character traits. You both work in jobs you like, which you are good at and where you can see a direct correlation between work put in & benefits taken in. I suspect that you both have a positive outlook on life. You also operate in a cosmopolitan city, where people are receptive to the industry you are in, during a period of economic expansion and favorable economic conditions. Those things in combination would give you a high statistical probability of you being successful in life. I'm not suggesting that life has been a stroll, it probably hasn't and you'll have earned everything you've got. But that's it, mate. No more, no less. smile

I hope you went out smiling like a child, into the cool remnant of a dream.

Share

Re: Coincidences

Misura wrote:

TT, I don't know you other than from on here, but you come across as a person with both good IQ & EQ levels. You appear to be physically fit, relatively handsome (although dodgy barnet), fairly well presented and you work hard. You appear to always have possessed these traits. I certainly don't know your wife/ partner, but I suspect see possesses the same character traits. You both work in jobs you like, which you are good at and where you can see a direct correlation between work put in & benefits taken in. I suspect that you both have a positive outlook on life. You also operate in a cosmopolitan city, where people are receptive to the industry you are in, during a period of economic expansion and favorable economic conditions. Those things in combination would give you a high statistical probability of you being successful in life. I'm not suggesting that life has been a stroll, it probably hasn't and you'll have earned everything you've got. But that's it, mate. No more, no less. smile

Danke

Take off hosers ...

Share

Re: Coincidences

I must admit I do have your poster on my wall, TT. It used to be Gore, then Cuts, now you. big_smile

I hope you went out smiling like a child, into the cool remnant of a dream.

Share

Re: Coincidences

Is it the one where he's playing tennis and scratching his arse?

Site stalwart.

Share

Re: Coincidences

Harvest wrote:

Is it the one where he's playing tennis and scratching his arse?

Yes. You've not been a-peering and a-leering trough my net curtains have you, H? The one I had of Gore was him without a top on, wearing overalls, smeared in grease holding two tyres. Cuts was sat on a girder high above the NY skyline. smile

I hope you went out smiling like a child, into the cool remnant of a dream.

Share

Re: Coincidences

Misura wrote:
Harvest wrote:

Is it the one where he's playing tennis and scratching his arse?

Yes. You've not been a-peering and a-leering trough my net curtains have you, H? The one I had of Gore was him without a top on, wearing overalls, smeared in grease holding two tyres. Cuts was sat on a girder high above the NY skyline. smile

Does this mean that TT will also soon be leaving this parish???

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Coincidences

No-one leaves. Place is in lockdown.

Site stalwart.

Share

Re: Coincidences

Misura wrote:

The one I had of Gore was him without a top on, wearing overalls, smeared in grease holding two tyres.

Given his fondness for savoury pastries, are you sure they're not the casings from two burnt large pork pies?

Share

Re: Coincidences

Tolley wrote:
Misura wrote:

The one I had of Gore was him without a top on, wearing overalls, smeared in grease holding two tyres.

Given his fondness for savoury pastries, are you sure they're not the casings from two burnt large pork pies?

The man's lost a stack of weight - I think he'd be holding his (once) spare tyres

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Coincidences

Misura wrote:

I must admit I do have your poster on my wall, TT. It used to be Gore, then Cuts, now you. big_smile


Share

Re: Coincidences

CBIT wrote:
Misura wrote:

I must admit I do have your poster on my wall, TT. It used to be Gore, then Cuts, now you. big_smile

Ffs, i've managed to upset another poster into leaving? I meant it in a complimentary manner. sad

I hope you went out smiling like a child, into the cool remnant of a dream.

Share

Re: Coincidences

Nah, just the lack of a CBIT poster on your wall.

Share

Re: Coincidences

A casual viewer of this venerable forum may ask themselves "Where have all the flowers gone?". Well I'll tell them; "They've gone to seed".

I hope you went out smiling like a child, into the cool remnant of a dream.

Share

Re: Coincidences

CBIT wrote:

Nah, just the lack of a CBIT poster on your wall.

You're in my heart, CBIT. wink

I hope you went out smiling like a child, into the cool remnant of a dream.

Share

Re: Coincidences

Lockdown and posters

Share

Re: Coincidences

Misura wrote:

TT, I don't know you other than from on here, but you come across as a person with both good IQ & EQ levels. You appear to be physically fit, relatively handsome (although dodgy barnet), fairly well presented and you work hard. You appear to always have possessed these traits. I certainly don't know your wife/ partner, but I suspect see possesses the same character traits. You both work in jobs you like, which you are good at and where you can see a direct correlation between work put in & benefits taken in. I suspect that you both have a positive outlook on life. You also operate in a cosmopolitan city, where people are receptive to the industry you are in, during a period of economic expansion and favorable economic conditions. Those things in combination would give you a high statistical probability of you being successful in life. I'm not suggesting that life has been a stroll, it probably hasn't and you'll have earned everything you've got. But that's it, mate. No more, no less. smile

Ace , is there any chance you can do a profile on the rest of us

Share

Re: Coincidences

Harvest wrote:

No-one leaves. Place is in lockdown.

Exactly, like the Hotel California, this place..

'a face like a binmans glove... like a Sea Bream's anus...like a dill pickle in a cobblers handbag'

Share

Re: Coincidences

Is it a coincidence that I had two coincidences in the same day a few weeks ago ?

We needed some of the external handrail / barrier stuff for a job at work and I was explaining to the girl in the office that it was called Kee Klamp.  She was typing it into google and I said, “no, it’s spelt K E E.  not K E Y”.  Just as I spelt it out, a car pulled up into our car park , directly outside the window where we were, and the last three letters in the number plate were KEE !  “ just like that “ I said smile

The same night I was on the couch at home and had a stiff back and stretched down to touch my toes.  My wife asked what I was doing and I jokingly said ‘just a bit of yoga to keep myself supple’.   No more than a couple of minutes later I opened OMJ on my phone.  First thread I opened was expanding mans ‘Right’ thread which started along the lines of ‘anybody tried yoga?’

Last edited by Little Billy Bremner (Wed 07 Feb 2018 9:24 am)

Share

Re: Coincidences

I keep bumping into people I know from back home, proper bump into them in the street in Tokyo, Hong Kong and Dubai. There's a Misura algorithm that can explain it, popular cities, kid from a commuter town and all that, but I'm in double figures over the past 7 years.

I always know when a earthquake is coming like dogs as well, but that can be all explained by alpha waves traveling faster than the blast..

suck'ahs to the side I know you hate my 98'

Share

Re: Coincidences

KoTS, I don't know you other than from on here, but you come across as a person........ smile

You work in a business that is specialised and has a number of global centres. The business verges on cliquey and people mix in the same socially/business. The business is well paid & money driven and people are attracted to these few centres. These centres, although in a large foreign country have small, clearly identifiable ex pat areas. You are also of an age & social background, where you mixed with a lot of people growing up and these people also possess a Thatcherite spirit of work/travel/adventure.

I hope you went out smiling like a child, into the cool remnant of a dream.

Share

Re: Coincidences

Misura wrote:

KoTS, I don't know you other than from on here, but you come across as a person........ smile

You work in a business that is specialised and has a number of global centres. The business verges on cliquey and people mix in the same socially/business. The business is well paid & money driven and people are attracted to these few centres. These centres, although in a large foreign country have small, clearly identifiable ex pat areas. You are also of an age & social background, where you mixed with a lot of people growing up and these people also possess a Thatcherite spirit of work/travel/adventure.

Mystic Misura and his mystical mystery musings..

'a face like a binmans glove... like a Sea Bream's anus...like a dill pickle in a cobblers handbag'

Share

Re: Coincidences

Misura wrote:

KoTS, I don't know you other than from on here, but you come across as a person........ smile

You work in a business that is specialised and has a number of global centres. The business verges on cliquey and people mix in the same socially/business. The business is well paid & money driven and people are attracted to these few centres. These centres, although in a large foreign country have small, clearly identifiable ex pat areas. You are also of an age & social background, where you mixed with a lot of people growing up and these people also possess a Thatcherite spirit of work/travel/adventure.

Pretty good. Are we all Thatcherites sad

Share

Re: Coincidences

placidcasual wrote:
Misura wrote:

KoTS, I don't know you other than from on here, but you come across as a person........ smile

You work in a business that is specialised and has a number of global centres. The business verges on cliquey and people mix in the same socially/business. The business is well paid & money driven and people are attracted to these few centres. These centres, although in a large foreign country have small, clearly identifiable ex pat areas. You are also of an age & social background, where you mixed with a lot of people growing up and these people also possess a Thatcherite spirit of work/travel/adventure.

Pretty good. Are we all Thatcherites sad

Actually I'm a Corbynite.  I just wish Corbyn was too.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Share

Re: Coincidences

Shit.  How long did I go without mentioning the saviour by name?

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Share

Re: Coincidences

space wrote:
placidcasual wrote:
Misura wrote:

KoTS, I don't know you other than from on here, but you come across as a person........ smile

You work in a business that is specialised and has a number of global centres. The business verges on cliquey and people mix in the same socially/business. The business is well paid & money driven and people are attracted to these few centres. These centres, although in a large foreign country have small, clearly identifiable ex pat areas. You are also of an age & social background, where you mixed with a lot of people growing up and these people also possess a Thatcherite spirit of work/travel/adventure.

Pretty good. Are we all Thatcherites sad

Actually I'm a Corbynite.  I just wish Corbyn was too.

Superb!

'a face like a binmans glove... like a Sea Bream's anus...like a dill pickle in a cobblers handbag'

Share