Topic: Sheff Utd vs Leeds Utd

This is it lads, this is the time, the time heroes are made and legends are forged.

This is the game to act as a spring board for out push for promotion. We're going to run out on Saturday with shoulders back and backs as strong and straight as our steely resolve.

Each player playing for his season and to prove a point to managers gone and newly arrived. Bad time to play the wounded animal that is LUFC, bad time!!. All the schneiding and internet bollocks will be forgotten when the lads from Elland Road run out and penetrate, isolate and dominate. Confidence growing the legion of chiseled jawed, erudite well dressed Leeds supporters will catch fire from the players effervescent unadulterated energy uniting in one tumultuous mass of collective complete belief.

T'Blades will be wearing their greasy chip butties on their shoulders once again after we give them a footballing master class, with strength, guile and dazzling brilliance we'll keep the ball and make them dance. Our eyes wider, muscles more supple and our brains sharper we'll be first to every ball, win every header.

Saturday will be the catalyst for our march to Championship glory. Every week that goes by we don't get beat will feed the bonfire of confidence and add to it with kerosene soaked wood, freshly chumped from our championship rivals bonnys. From that bonfire a great Phoenix will rise, resplendent, magnificent and raging in burning glory back into the Premiership to set the world a lite again once more.

0-0 bore draw.

Re: Sheff Utd vs Leeds Utd

placidcasual wrote:

This is it lads, this is the time, the time heroes are made and legends are forged.

This is the game to act as a spring board for out push for promotion. We're going to run out on Saturday with shoulders back and backs as strong and straight as our steely resolve.

Each player playing for his season and to prove a point to managers gone and newly arrived. Bad time to play the wounded animal that is LUFC, bad time!!. All the schneiding and internet bollocks will be forgotten when the lads from Elland Road run out and penetrate, isolate and dominate. Confidence growing the legion of chiseled jawed, erudite well dressed Leeds supporters will catch fire from the players effervescent unadulterated energy uniting in one tumultuous mass of collective complete belief.

T'Blades will be wearing their greasy chip butties on their shoulders once again after we give them a footballing master class, with strength, guile and dazzling brilliance we'll keep the ball and make them dance. Our eyes wider, muscles more supple and our brains sharper we'll be first to every ball, win every header.

Saturday will be the catalyst for our march to Championship glory. Every week that goes by we don't get beat will feed the bonfire of confidence and add to it with kerosene soaked wood, freshly chumped from our championship rivals bonnys. From that bonfire a great Phoenix will rise, resplendent, magnificent and raging in burning glory back into the Premiership to set the world a lite again once more.

0-0 bore draw.

we're all behind you, our glorious leader. 2-0 defeat!

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

Placid, your account's been hacked.

Sheff Utd away ... 85/ 86 when we had the travel ban. Sat in one of the main stands, dressed in as I remember wearing a bright yellow Next polo sweater with baggy cords and adidas suedes ( Rhodes as they were cheapo) , some form of long haired mullet' flick bollocks... no idea of the result, though us scoring and our little mob keeping schtum seems right...

Take off hosers ...

Toronto Ted wrote:

Sheff Utd away ... 85/ 86 when we had the travel ban. Sat in one of the main stands, dressed in as I remember wearing a bright yellow Next polo sweater with baggy cords and adidas suedes ( Rhodes as they were cheapo) , some form of long haired mullet' flick bollocks... no idea of the result, though us scoring and our little mob keeping schtum seems right...

Baggy cords were ace. Last pair of trainers I had for the footy years were Turquoise Nike runners with fluorescent tick. Internationalist maybe?

I was on a home and away ban that season by my dad. Wasn't allowed to go to Birmingham season before but went straight after my paper round. Got a right hiding when I got home late that night. Wasn't until I became a parent did I realise how much anguish I caused them.

85 more 86 I drifted away from football and into docs, 501's, girls and fingering. Ahhh, I can smell them now.... the waxy docs that is. sad

Favourite trainers were 2 pairs of squash shoes 84ish I think. Nike with light blue tick and Adidas blue stripes. Loved them worn with brown Levis cord flairs.

My next encounter with Sheff Utd was an Acid enduced travel affair 1990 that started in a flat in Gipton and got as far as M621 on Boxing Day via Gipton Woods and an all night cafe in Harehills. I missed Zicos free kick but journeyed into my inner psyche through the doors or perception smelling of leaves and congealed egg butty

I continue to maintain we have a good team, only a couple of players short. I see a majestic 1-0 win having dominated them within our own half for 70 minutes.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

placidcasual wrote:
Toronto Ted wrote:

Baggy cords were ace. Last pair of trainers I had for the footy years were Turquoise Nike runners with fluorescent tick. Internationalist maybe?

I was on a home and away ban that season by my dad. Wasn't allowed to go to Birmingham season before but went straight after my paper round. Got a right hiding when I got home late that night. Wasn't until I became a parent did I realise how much anguish I caused them.

85 more 86 I drifted away from football and into docs, 501's, girls and fingering. Ahhh, I can smell them now.... the waxy docs that is. sad

Favourite trainers were 2 pairs of squash shoes 84ish I think. Nike with light blue tick and Adidas blue stripes. Loved them worn with brown Levis cord flairs.

My next encounter with Sheff Utd was an Acid enduced travel affair 1990 that started in a flat in Gipton and got as far as M621 on Boxing Day via Gipton Woods and an all night cafe in Harehills. I missed Zicos free kick but journeyed into my inner psyche through the doors or perception smelling of leaves and congealed egg butty

Good posts. My first ever away was Sheff Utd in 84/85. Baptism of fire for a 14 year old. Spent most of the game watching seats come down onto the pitch from the seats above us. Think the tea bar got raided at one point as there were bags of those fish and chips biscuits flying everywhere. I used to love them. I was wearing kappa cagoule, navy cords and blue gazelles. I looked about 10. Can remember going a couple of years later and getting chased all around the station by coppers and dangling off a really high wall to get away from them. My divvy mate had thrown a coin at them. He went on to live a colourful life of heroin / prison and is currently in jail in Bulgaria.

I was at that one. After the match and the ground was cleared had a wander round and through a gate and onto the pitch. Looked a bit like the pictures you see of the aftermath of The Somme.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Ruffians & ne'er do wells.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/pawse8/DSC04554.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/pawse8/DSC04560.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/pawse8/DSC04564.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/pawse8/DSC04552.jpg

Which was the one where Sterland scored with that Exocet from about 35 yards at the Shoreham end?

I was with the small group of Leeds by the corner flag in there.

As for Saturday, tough start for PH, especially given the personnel he hasn't got available.

Thumping home win sadly.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Which was the one where Sterland scored with that Exocet from about 35 yards at the Shoreham end?

As for Saturday, tough start for PH, especially given the personnel he hasn't got available.

Thumping home win sadly.

Boxing Day 1989.

32 secs in.

Last edited by Misura (Wed 07 Feb 2018 2:01 pm)

Misura wrote:
Old Wharfedaler wrote:

Thumping home win sadly.

Boxing Day 1989.

32 secs in.

Cheers...some hit that.

Heroic transformation into a lean, mean, er, winning machine. Us 3 - 0. Grot hat trick.

Last edited by CharlieG (Fri 09 Feb 2018 10:45 pm)

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

CharlieG wrote:

Heroic transformation into a lean, mean, er, winning machine. Us 3 - 0. Grot hat trick.

What are you drinking?? I want some for tomorrow!

Misura wrote:

Whilst I can fully appreciate your sentiments, I do think a little bit of recognition could have gone into the cleanliness of the shirt and come on, the tie is impeccable. (attention to detail, I bet the lad was a proper casual)

1-0 to Leeds

________________________________________________________________________________

Chopper Read wrote:
CharlieG wrote:

What are you drinking?? I want some for tomorrow!

Goodwin IPA - local brew in Bourg D'Oisans

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

If we dont get beat it will have been a brilliant result.

90% hope vs 10% confidence for me. Its the hope that gets yer......

Disappointing drubbing followed by a second half resurgence that is too little too late.  Another red card.  And it will rain on the way home.  And you'll get back to catch the neighbour climbing off your missus.  And your dogs dead.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

space wrote:

Disappointing drubbing followed by a second half resurgence that is too little too late.  Another red card.  And it will rain on the way home.  And you'll get back to catch the neighbour climbing off your missus.  And your dogs dead.

big_smile big_smile

Heads-up for North American OMJers: it's on ESPN3

Expect us at least to start the match in a high gear . Not in fucking reverse, like last few games/ derbies etc.

To stand aside is to take sides.

No Hernandez and Vieira.

Wiedwald, Dallas, Jansson, Pennington, De Bock, Forshaw, Phillips, O’Kane, Alioski, Lasogga, Roofe

zicoslovechild wrote:
Misura wrote:

Whilst I can fully appreciate your sentiments, I do think a little bit of recognition could have gone into the cleanliness of the shirt and come on, the tie is impeccable. (attention to detail, I bet the lad was a proper casual)

1-0 to Leeds

is it Blakey from on the buses

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

Just landed in boozer to watch so apologies in advance for any drunken rants later!

Stream if anyone needs one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCOG86fnPsY

Cheers JC, you're a fucking good fella!

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?