Topic: Lloyd Cole

Currently clogging up my Apple Tunes in a big way

Take off hosers ...

Re: Lloyd Cole

Really liked him in the 80`s when he was with The Commotions, haven`t heard much solo stuff.
Rattlesnakes is a great album, had a bootleg of them playing Gladstonbury, probably `86 as pretty sure it was the night England played Argentina in Mexico.

Wished I`d got to see them live at that time.

________________________________________________________________________________

His last solo album Standards was ace.

He is good solo live, but never plays with a band. I love From the Hip, the Commotions last one. It evokes a time & a place for me.

I am just a common breed

zicoslovechild wrote:

Really liked him in the 80`s when he was with The Commotions, haven`t heard much solo stuff.
Rattlesnakes is a great album, had a bootleg of them playing Gladstonbury, probably `86 as pretty sure it was the night England played Argentina in Mexico.

If the bootleg is the night England played Argentina then it's when Lloyd Cole & The Commotions supported Simple Minds at Milton Keynes bowl.  Reason I know that was I was there and Jim Kerr sauntered on to stage at the beginning of their set and cockily informed everyone that England had got beat.  Then spent the rest of their set asking people not to bottle them.

It was a decent line up - Dr & The Medics, Big Audio Dynamite, The Waterboys, Lloyd Cole & The Commotions and Simple Minds.

I'm a big fan, saw him live at Parr Hall, very good.

The eponymous album was a break up album, three months after my Mum passed away. I went to live in Jersey and it hurts me to hear it, as the loneliness comes rushing back.

Like Lovers Do from Love Story is a great track.

Odd Job wrote:
zicoslovechild wrote:

If the bootleg is the night England played Argentina then it's when Lloyd Cole & The Commotions supported Simple Minds at Milton Keynes bowl.  Reason I know that was I was there and Jim Kerr sauntered on to stage at the beginning of their set and cockily informed everyone that England had got beat.  Then spent the rest of their set asking people not to bottle them.

It was a decent line up - Dr & The Medics, Big Audio Dynamite, The Waterboys, Lloyd Cole & The Commotions and Simple Minds.

Very decent line up.

I bought it (a tape) at a record fair and don`t have it now. I still think it was Gladstonbury for some reason. They played Gladstonbury the night before you saw them.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/lloyd-co … 9f518.html

The game was 22nd June (had to look it up)
I remember they dedicated "Are you ready to be Heartbroken" to the audience and at the end of the song said "Argentina 1 England 0" which I assumed was the score when they took the stage, but obviously could have been the night before.

________________________________________________________________________________

Saw him last year in Wakefield (think I posted in Gigs section)

Played a set solo and then a set with his son.

Good lad.

"We are The Fall"

He looks good as well. Hasnt he just released aĺl his solo stuff again as well?

I am just a common breed