Re: Turin

CBIT, hope this helps.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Harvest wrote:

26 years later I can still picture her, she had a navy blue v neck jumper and blond (surprisingly) curly hair. Her bloke talked to me about football while I stared at her , frantically shovelling thoughts into my wank bank like a Flying Scotsman stoker.

Strapline please admins?!

Off to Vienna the following weekend if anyone's got any tips/recommendations . tia

CBIT wrote:

Off to Vienna the following weekend if anyone's got any tips/recommendations . tia

Vienna? It means nothing to me.

Went about 12 years ago. Good ale, I remember that.

Was cold when I went - take yer big coat

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Just to summarise, Vienna's cold and has bars.

I also remember a lot of cake shops

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

They do those whirly biscuit things as well and waltzes.

....and it's nowhere near Turin!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

CBIT wrote:

Went on a hydrofoil day trip from Bratislava. I like Vienna. Was about 15 of us on a 50th. I dragged them all up to http://www.salmbraeu.com/home/ bier keller up by a park for Schwienaxe, sausages, schneitzel and beer. They all bitched and moaned about walking for a mile and half. Were happy enough with all that lot and some massive beers in them.

Vienna is a proper old money capital. Can see that is once was home to one of the biggest empires in Europe. Some ostentatious architecture. Also loads of graffiti on the river. Looks ace.

Go see Torino, not the other lot that play in black & white, if you want to meet people from Turin and not get earmarked as a vinyl.

I have a mate from there, was traveling to the south of Italy and asked him what the south was like, he said it was like Africa.

Turin's a gritty northern Italian town, they don't like people from Rome, Florence or down south, first two are shandy drinkers, last one's a different country in their eyes..

A simple city boy with wild grown country tastes

king of the slums wrote:

Go see Torino, not the other lot that play in black & white, if you want to meet people from Turin and not get earmarked as a vinyl.

I have a mate from there, was traveling to the south of Italy and asked him what the south was like, he said it was like Africa.

Turin's a gritty northern Italian town, they don't like people from Rome, Florence or down south, first two are shandy drinkers, last one's a different country in their eyes..

Lass I worked with had family from Udine. They had a word for southern Italians that I'm pretty certain roughly translated as 'monkey'. Like you say, another country in their eyes.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Bastards have scheduled the Juve game for Sat night when the gig is on. Torino are at Napoli on the Sunday afternoon, if both turin clubs win thats Juve winning the league, will make sunday evening entertaining.

Two visits to Italy, this and the Milan game, both times everyone's  lighter taken off them when entering the venue, whats all that about , they all raging pyro's over there?

Gig was entertaining and Turin was pleasant (cheap too for food eating out), but fuck me, they like their political graffiti over there.