Topic: Calderfornia dreamin'....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 … th-tagline
Favourite quote "you can’t get away with having stupid hair or dressing like a twat".
About time it got some life, fucking needed it. Gone native since we moved to the Valley, I'll be honest, the more 'nine bob millionaire' Leeds has got the more I love the place. Me and the Mrs still debating whether to move further out in the sticks in the Upper Valley.
I'm out on the lash in the Victorian tomorrow night.....

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: Calderfornia dreamin'....

Sister in law lives up at Widdop.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

One small point, Halifax and district has been spoilt for breweries for years now.

I played football with Revo Nick for years, we played at a few clubs together. I always pop in for a natter when back in town.

Make the move Travis, the only thing you are giving up is ready access to the M62.

I used to travel to the Cleckhuddersfax area quite a lot in the 90s, most days for a couple of years and I always found it mildly depressing. Not the people of course, but the deep dark valleys and always had a claustrophobic feel to it in some parts, Hebden Bridge springs to mind. I always used to like getting back onto the M62 or the tops of the valleys, so I could see the skyline. Funny innit, it was only really that area I got that feeling.

Yet a mate of mine from Tokyo who moved back to Norwich loved Yorkshire when I met him a few years back, exactly BECAUSE it had deep valleys and hills. He said Norwich was just flat and boring.

Last edited by Mitaman (Mon 19 Feb 2018 5:25 am)

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Shoreditch of the North is pushing it. Wonder how much of the re gen of the north is down to EU money.