Topic: Smiling

In 2006, my 9/10 year old son was playing the guitar and playing it very very well. He was a complete natural and could play any song he heard within 5 minutes.. He was like some child genius on the thing. He was in to the arctic monkeys, milburn,  dogs, ordinary boys etc  and I loved it.  I always remember coming home from work and he's laid on his back, eyes closed, in his school uniform playing I bet you look good on the dance floor note perfect, singing every word..... I thought... go on ya little bastard!

A year later he's ditched the guitar to never pick it up again

12 years later he just listens to grime, rap and truly awful shit... We row about it all the time... I'm not wired up for that kind of music, I absolutely fuckin hate it.. I've had to ban him from playing it without headphones, even threatened him with eviction... it's that bad I literally hate walking in my own front door.

So this week, every night when I've been in the shower I've had arctic monkeys,  milburn,  dogs, etc blaring out.

I came home last night and he's in the shower singing along to the monkeys then carries it on in his room.

I came home this lunch and he's strumming my guitar.... I don't think anyone can understand how happy that makes me feel

Re: Smiling

Monkey magic.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Arctic thaw.

scootay wrote:

In 2006, my 9/10 year old son was playing the guitar and playing it very very well. He was a complete natural and could play any song he heard within 5 minutes.. He was like some child genius on the thing. He was in to the arctic monkeys, milburn,  dogs, ordinary boys etc  and I loved it.  I always remember coming home from work and he's laid on his back, eyes closed, in his school uniform playing I bet you look good on the dance floor note perfect, singing every word..... I thought... go on ya little bastard!

A year later he's ditched the guitar to never pick it up again

12 years later he just listens to grime, rap and truly awful shit... We row about it all the time... I'm not wired up for that kind of music, I absolutely fuckin hate it.. I've had to ban him from playing it without headphones, even threatened him with eviction... it's that bad I literally hate walking in my own front door.

So this week, every night when I've been in the shower I've had arctic monkeys,  milburn,  dogs, etc blaring out.

I came home last night and he's in the shower singing along to the monkeys then carries it on in his room.

I came home this lunch and he's strumming my guitar.... I don't think anyone can understand how happy that makes me feel

I can.

Our son is 13, likes a wide range of stuff but doesn't 'do' grime or anything like that - at the moment.

He was telling us last night how many Radiohead albums he liked. That's got to be better than grime, hasn't it?

Mate of mine's son used to love all the indie stuff at that age, too. Apparently at 22 he just listens to drum and bass.

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!