Topic: Russia World Cup 2018

If only you'd give me my Lev Yashin poster back.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=201 … 21534.html

Re: Russia World Cup 2018

Might try and get tickets for Kalliningrad.

Anyone got any tips for getting tickets?

Well, plan is to fly to Gdansk and bus and train it to Kaliningrad for the Croatia vs Nigeria game. Bit of fucking about with visas and registering on ufca.

Hope you've all been on the weights and eating healthy..

A simple city boy with wild grown country tastes

Russia got an easy group and somehow got the opening match against the lowest ranked team in the WC (Saudi Arabia) so I reckon the fix is on.  I might be tempted to drop £20 on them to win the competition (40-1). 

I expect there to be some strange illnesses among the opposing teams and whole swathe of unhinged decisions from match officials.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

space wrote:

Russia got an easy group and somehow got the opening match against the lowest ranked team in the WC (Saudi Arabia) so I reckon the fix is on.  I might be tempted to drop £20 on them to win the competition (40-1). 

I expect there to be some strange illnesses among the opposing teams and whole swathe of unhinged decisions from match officials.

Good idea.  Top 4 maybe?

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Skybet Russia 40/1 to win it, half for e/w top 2 and 6/1 for reaching semis.

Host nation nearly always hits the semis, 6/1 seems good to me

I would love nothing more than the sight of Putin handing the winners trophy to an England team. Highly unlikely, but a very nice thought.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

I am struggling to motivate myself in anyway shape or form for this - first time ever.

never Have we had such a beige selection from Southgate down - no one excites me at all amongst our current crop.

Aim Low and miss...

danpiesley wrote:

I am struggling to motivate myself in anyway shape or form for this - first time ever.

never Have we had such a beige selection from Southgate down - no one excites me at all amongst our current crop.

This

Where's England's Eriksen,  Silva,  Hazard???

Are we saying it's Lallana?!?!

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Is Lallana on standby?  He can't be fit as he's the best player. 

I like Vardy, Rashford and Sterling.  Good to watch and some pace.  The midfield looks uninspiring.  Needs a maverick, we don't have one. 

I can see it now, laboured build up with no-one having the talent or ambition to do anything then we give it away as eventually someone will be embarrassed into trying to get it to the forwards but don't really know how to unlock defences.

We need someone able to break from midfield like a mad cunt and scare the shit out of defences to create some disarray and space. Pretty sure Wilshere could have done that and Alli definitely can.

Gazza?

Aim Low and miss...

Stop worrying, We'll piss it now that Ashley Young's going!!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Is Lallana on standby?  He can't be fit as he's the best player. 

I like Vardy, Rashford and Sterling.  Good to watch and some pace.  The midfield looks uninspiring.  Needs a maverick, we don't have one. 

I can see it now, laboured build up with no-one having the talent or ambition to do anything then we give it away as eventually someone will be embarrassed into trying to get it to the forwards but don't really know how to unlock defences.

We need someone able to break from midfield like a mad cunt and scare the shit out of defences to create some disarray and space. Pretty sure Wilshere could have done that and Alli definitely can.

Yes,  he's on standby but if you look at the others it's a buggers muddle - he was the only i could see with any hope of possessing the X-factor required to unlock a well drilled defence that contains defenders who actually defend

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Dunno, for the first time since the Golden Generation silly bollocks started I'm going to enjoy this one - load of young kids running around, hopefully not psychologically traumatised by national expectations, many with an international outlook and not petrified by "foreignness", nowt to lose, everything to gain, play like the U20s did. Plus we'll get to see a bunch of crack MMA fighters chasing windmilling fat blokes from Stevenage all around assorted Soviet cities. I have no idea whose in the squad, apart from Hart and that dodgy guttersnipe Wilshere aren't, and Fat Wayne, it'll probably all go tits up but I'll be cheering.

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

Mike Jones wrote:

Dunno, for the first time since the Golden Generation silly bollocks started I'm going to enjoy this one - load of young kids running around, hopefully not psychologically traumatised by national expectations, many with an international outlook and not petrified by "foreignness", nowt to lose, everything to gain, play like the U20s did. Plus we'll get to see a bunch of crack MMA fighters chasing windmilling fat blokes from Stevenage all around assorted Soviet cities. I have no idea whose in the squad, apart from Hart and that dodgy guttersnipe Wilshere aren't, and Fat Wayne, it'll probably all go tits up but I'll be cheering.

This.

Although part of me suspects that there will be a spate of "heart attacks" amongst teams opposing Russia and match officials.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Quarter finals at least, seeing that they're being written off. plenty of pace upfront. Rashford, Sterling, Vardy, along with Kane, can cause the best of defences a lot of trouble. Traditional foes, like Holland + Italy missing, gives further credence that we might do better than lots of us expect.
Like someone said earlier though.I'm not really feeling it this time around.

Got more soul, than a sock with a hole.

Perhaps if we (and believe me i use that term so loosely) could lose the expectation and national fervour then i might actually enjoy watching the national team. Give them a chance, dont put so much weight on them and perhaps we might not do so badly ...
Milner not being in there is a bad call in my humble

Take off hosers ...

Toronto Ted wrote:

Perhaps if we (and believe me i use that term so loosely) could lose the expectation and national fervour then i might actually enjoy watching the national team. Give them a chance, dont put so much weight on them and perhaps we might not do so badly ...
Milner not being in there is a bad call in my humble

Agreed, he is the one 'older one' that I would have taken.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

He's ace for us, consummate pro.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl … rney-ronay

Expanding Man wrote:

He's ace for us, consummate pro.

So we can't have him back for a swansong then?

Booked the 14th till the 28th off work so i can watch every match, cant wait.