Re: Winter Olympics

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I guess if you're in a country where they put up a few contenders then it rubs off you. I'd watch tiddlywinks if it had some funky graphics and the whole nation expecting a win.

#DoTheDai \o/

That closing ceremony before they brought out the K-Pop whoppers, was like an ace New Order video.

But now the flame is out for another 4 years..

Next stop Tokyo 2020 for the summer games and the Rugby WC before that in 2019.

Mitaman has an ace AirBnB if anyone is planning coming out..

#DoTheDai \o/

space wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
Smutty Lips wrote:

I hate what Team GB has become and hope they never win another medal. I've been saying this for sometime now, we are no better than the soviets we used to sneer at.

Mmm.  It does seem very state sponsored.  They take teenagers in, see what they suit as a sport and then push then down that road.  Is there a public school bias too?  There do seem to be a lot of posh kids involved.

One gold and 3 bronze medals.  It's not exactly the new world order.

True enough but its millions of pounds spent including a reduction in funding for sports which people play(Basketball for instance) to watch a posh kid razz down a some ice on a biscuit tin lid .

And as for Curling that's just a made up sport that they used to show on World of Sport when there was no ITV7.

And Clare Balding commentating? Its beyond amateurish and on a par with You've been Framed.

king of the slums wrote:

That closing ceremony before they brought out the K-Pop whoppers, was like an ace New Order video.

I would love to watch the Olympics in 2020 there. Really fancy it

king of the slums wrote:

Ex-airbnb, management committee politely asked me to stop the old Minpaku... traditional let now, sadly.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Mitaman wrote:
king of the slums wrote:

Ex-airbnb, management committee politely asked me to stop the old Minpaku... traditional let now, sadly.

Shame that, steady cash though, lovely place..

#DoTheDai \o/

Mitaman wrote:
king of the slums wrote:

Why?  I have read that some neighbours don't like living in what can feel like an hotel.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.