Topic: Rap music

Isn't this trend of rapping over someone else's song getting a bit predictable now or am I missing something?

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Re: Rap music

I could never tire of stuff like this.

It comes down to the skill of the practitioner.

This is one of my very favourite LPs.

Don't know if this could be described as rapping but I love this. Particularly as the progresses and the anger cranks up at the end.

Smutty Lips wrote:

I could never tire of stuff like this.

It comes down to the skill of the practitioner.

This is one of my very favourite LPs.

I lasted about 30 seconds

Not for me but I get why people like it

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Got a really funny story about this fella, will save it for later.

Whose the sample then?

#DoTheDai \o/

Level 42!

Do I win some new shoes?

SURELY, this qualifies as good rap?! Brilliant stuff:

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

Take off hosers ...

Take off hosers ...

Take off hosers ...

Take off hosers ...

Toronto's finest ... hip hop vibes

Take off hosers ...

Take off hosers ...

Its so simple that it can lend itself to all sorts of different directions. You think you’ve heard it all then along comes Sleaford Mods.

Last edited by placidcasual (Tue 27 Feb 2018 8:32 am)

My original point was not about rap in general, it's a broad artform which has something for everyone.  It's the boring element of it that just lifts a well known riff, mixes it and some twat raps over the top of it. 

I fucking love The Streets, bit of De La Soul, Digital Underground, etc.  Sleaford Mods I do like and I guess you can call it rapping even though it's pretty unique as a style.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Tue 27 Feb 2018 11:50 am)

I've been listening to Hip Hop since '81-'82ish and have still never really got 99% of the tracks where they stick a rap in the middle, pop or otherwise. There are some examples where it works but they're few and far between. Usually just a pay day for distinctly average rappers like Flo-Rida.
Speaking of the Six TT, I may have asked you this before but do you know any of the King of the Dot people?

Last edited by Travis Bickle (Tue 27 Feb 2018 5:22 pm)

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

placidcasual wrote:

Level 42!

Do I win some new shoes?

Yeah, got these for you..
http://www.calbacardi.com/images//pic/4kG8rnbG%20Palladium.jpg

#DoTheDai \o/

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Isn't this trend of rapping over someone else's song getting a bit predictable now or am I missing something?

It's no more or less predictable than your average three chord guitar based pop song. Most of its fuckin wank but there's moments of absolute fuckin genius.

Mega Armageddon Chickens wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

It's no more or less predictable than your average three chord guitar based pop song. Most of its fuckin wank but there's moments of absolute fuckin genius.

As with most things in life.............take football, for example or work.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Lauren hill gives a decent rendition of killing me softly then that stupid cunt in the background keeps chipping in

One time!

Two time!

Can someone please tell me what the fuck is that about and why does no one seem to think it's laughably shit?

That Pitbull fucker apparently can look in the mirror and / or see himself perform on TV and not burst out laughing.

As I said, they're usually paydays for average rappers. If you want decent rap look up Marlon Craft, Smoke DZA, Dave East, Royce, Black Thought...I could literally be here all day...

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

I wonder how much you get paid to say

One time

Two time?

Some good stuff in the past but as a genre it's got sht, then shit and then shitter.. I've heard plenty and yo me it's awful.

I get the fact that three chord generic guitar bands can be plentiful and not too good but they get pulled up, slated and then ignored.. seems to me that there isn't a genre more generic than rap.. they all dress the same, use the same hand gestures and sound the same.. only difference is that they don't get slagged off

Cos they're gangsta innit

Chicago 'Drill', New York 'Boom Bap', Houston 'Chopped n Screwed', LA 'Gangsta', Atlanta 'Crunk' and 'Trap' etc etc. Again, could be here all day. As diverse as any other genre, arguably more than many.