Topic: Build that wall!

I got issues with my neighbours.  (That was a pun as you'll discover).

One side of my back garden has a fence made out of those 6 x 4 wooden fence panels.  Unfortunately the other side of the fence is a field with two horses in.  The horses keep knocking down the fence to get into my garden to eat the plants.  It's fucking up the garden and fucking up the fence.

I go to the farmer who owns the field and his attitude is that they're not his horses.  He rents the field out.

I go to the woman who owns the horses and her attitude is that it's not her fence.

This has been going on for years and I'm properly fucked off with them.

What can I do?  Who the fuck is liable for the fence damage?

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Re: Build that wall!

Well it's definitely not your fault is it? Electric fence would sort it

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Who's fence is it?  Tell her next time the horses are on your land you are claiming them. 

I take it's not your fence.  You could put loads more screw in the fence panels also fix some wire across your side of it.  Few screws, a lattice of wire criss crossed over them construct a secondary barrier on your side.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Tue 27 Feb 2018 8:42 am)

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Shoot the horses

Take off hosers ...

$150.00 for a cattle fence.

https://www.amazon.com/Premier-Horse-Qu … +fence+kit

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Buy a cat..

https://rz6nm7fejf-flywheel.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Cougar-Mountain-Lion-Puma-CODY4.jpg

Part of my garden abuts a riding school/ stables. That part has a hawthorn hedge. The horses don't come through that.

The only downside is the need to occasionally trim it. The clippings are nasty stuff to handle.

We've had horse dilemmas on here before and I'm with TT.

Shoot them, then get them in the pot with plenty of carrots, taties, swede and onions.

"We are The Fall"