Re: Whisky...

fuzzy dunlop wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
fuzzy dunlop wrote:

Laphroig was my thing when I was into Whisky. Loved the aftertaste and the ready brek glow. Can't drink it these days. My body has a big strop and I feel like I've got chronic fatigue syndrome for a few days.

I would drink Talisker when I fancied a whisky.  Can't drink it now, the smokey flavour puts me off now.

Talisker is lovely as well. I love that smokiness. A terrible thing to admit but before I lived in Scotland I thought that Jack Daniels was a decent whisky. Some natives put me right. Used to like Jamesons as well. Did a tour of their distillery in Dublin once and there was  8 different whiskies to taste at the end of it. A lot of people in the group didn't drink theirs so me and my mate cleaned up. Came out of there buckled.

Used to love it.  Not sure when I went off it but I got into some smooth malts like Jura and Tomatin then when I went back Talisker it tasted rough. 

Tastings are ace if you can wang the car keys to someone.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Whisk(e)y can fucking do one

I suspect some people (obviously me included) are genetically adverse to it

I gave away a bottle of Midleton Very Rare from 2007 the other day,  hadn't touched it - the evil devil's piss

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
space wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Jura is smooth.  Been to Tomatin and Dalwhinnie distilleries and they were nice.

Just opened a bottle of Jura Origin.  It is smooth.  Slightly orangey nose and a honey taste.  Just a tiny bit of smoke.  Not bad at all.

Ain't it just?  No rough edges.

Having the go on the Jura Superstition.  I liked the Origin, but I love the Superstition.  Nose is chocolatey and sweet.  Taste is salty, honey and peat and smoke.  A bit more like my fave Talisker or JW green.

People are Twats

I had two glasses of Welsh whisky last night - Penderyn Madeira Cask.

£13.00 per glass - it was nice

Fathers Day is near and my kids obviously think that my biggest problem is sobriety.

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu137/spacecadetdave/swag1.jpg

People are Twats

space wrote:

Fathers Day is near and my kids obviously think that my biggest problem is sobriety.

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu137/spacecadetdave/swag1.jpg

I ended up finding the smokey taste of Talisker off-putting.   Sacrilege really because my family name originates from Skye.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.