Re: Boxing

Horrible.  This is sure to raise the issue of banning again.  The post fight interview alone will persuade many.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

So sad, it's always tragic and gutting

Wilder beat Ortiz.  Was behind on attached cards going into 10th.  Like always he just hung in and tagged him with a big right.  Good fight, Ortiz is a quality fighter.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Sun 04 Mar 2018 7:16 am)

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Wilder beat Ortiz.  Was behind on attached cards going into 10th.  Like always he just hung in and tagged him with a big right.  Good fight, Ortiz is a quality fighter.

He could have lost that quite easily.
The likes of Joshua and Fury won't have been phased by that performance but to be fair he hung on and finished the job.
Seems the heavyweight scene is in decent shape just now.

Don't think Joshua will have it all his own way against Parker neither.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Old Wharfedaler wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

He could have lost that quite easily.
The likes of Joshua and Fury won't have been phased by that performance but to be fair he hung on and finished the job.
Seems the heavyweight scene is in decent shape just now.

Don't think Joshua will have it all his own way against Parker neither.

It was a decent fight.  Wilder leaves himself open and was being beaten soundly but has that power, right up to the last bell.  That's his USP as Joshua gasses and Fury needs to lose 6 stone. 

If they are all at their fittest?  Fury beats them all but it's going to be an interesting 2 years.  Parker has no chance.  I was also surprised to see David Price get a right with Povetkin, he's got no chance on paper but still has that big long right hand.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Sun 04 Mar 2018 10:53 am)

The commentators thought Ortiz was ahead but oddly all the judges had Wilder ahead.

Given the fact that there is massive money at stake going forward the Ortiz fight seemed a strange fight for Wilder to take.

After our recent commentatory at the Olympics where we scorn at the naughty Russians and their PEDs its good to see UKADs line on the Furys with the two year retrospective bans .

Shame Hughie has fought three times in that period and Tyson has had other battles.

I've watched Parker a few times and I'm not convinced he'll offer much but then it may depend on whether Joshua can get to him before blowing up. Wilder's ability to keep moving and still hit will be a much harder battle and I wouldn't be surprised to see Joshua's team work a fight against an out of condition T. Fury before risking Wilder.

Last edited by Mega Armageddon Chickens (Sun 04 Mar 2018 11:10 am)

Mega Armageddon Chickens wrote:

The commentators thought Ortiz was ahead but oddly all the judges had Wilder ahead.

Given the fact that there is massive money at stake going forward the Ortiz fight seemed a strange fight for Wilder to take.

After our recent commentatory at the Olympics where we scorn at the naughty Russians and their PEDs its good to see UKADs line on the Furys with the two year retrospective bans .

Shame Hughie has fought three times in that period and Tyson has had other battles.

I've watched Parker a few times and I'm not convinced he'll offer much but then it may depend on whether Joshua can get to him before blowing up. Wilder's ability to keep moving and still hit will be a much harder battle and I wouldn't be surprised to see Joshua's team work a fight against an out of condition T. Fury before risking Wilder.

I think Wilder may have been shamed into it after not really taking on any challenging opponents.  He was being outboxed but he put Ortiz down in the 4th or 5th too so I suppose you can make a case for it being closer than it looked. 

Wilder is a marksman, reminds me a little of Julian Jackson.  He can knock anyone out but can get outboxed easily. 

I hope Fury can get fit.

I missed the fights

I had a hookworms double header at the brude.. decided not to go on Friday and watched the Leeds match instead.. I got it the wrong way round. Although hookworms were pehenominal last night. Best I've ever seen em.

Glad to see brook won

scootay wrote:

I missed the fights

I had a hookworms double header at the brude.. decided not to go on Friday and watched the Leeds match instead.. I got it the wrong way round. Although hookworms were pehenominal last night. Best I've ever seen em.

Glad to see brook won

I love Brook's accuracy, amazing to watch.  Hope he avoids heavy hitters because of the eye.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
scootay wrote:

I missed the fights

Glad to see brook won

I love Brook's accuracy, amazing to watch.  Hope he avoids heavy hitters because of the eye.

Kind of goes with the territory though doesn't it?
You do wonder if the two defeats against GGG and Spence Jr. have done more damage mentally though.
I suppose the acid test will be when he steps up in class again.

Old Wharfedaler wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
scootay wrote:

I missed the fights

Glad to see brook won

Kind of goes with the territory though doesn't it?
You do wonder if the two defeats against GGG and Spence Jr. have done more damage mentally though.
I suppose the acid test will be when he steps up in class again.

Some hit harder than others though.  If he's going to keep at it he can't go in with a real banger again, he's got to be gun shy.  Ricky Burns came back after a badly broken jaw so it can be done if for a short period. 

I'm not even sure the Khan fight is big money anymore either, should have happened when they were both title holders.  It's way past its sell by date.

Waiting for Whyte v Brown.  I suspect Farage is watching this one with interest.

Browne looked like he couldn't be hurt    proper hard cunt and then wham! Sparked..

Callum johnson.

I watched him win the commonwealth games gold medal and thought he was destined to win big in the pros..  I reckon I've Googled his name more than any other in the last eight years    I was very disappointed when he signed with Nas and that went nowhere. He's had his problems and demons but showed last night was he's capable of.  Think he's in a good gym with Joe Gallagher so hoping his early promise hits fruition

Good u dercard last night..  enjoyed it all

Looking forward to this tonight, hope it's a good fight.. decent undercard too.

I've had an accumulator bet

Crolla
Burnett
Kelly
Price
Joshua

Tenner down to win 100 quid

scootay wrote:

Crolla
Burnett
Kelly
Price
Joshua

Price ? Is Povetkin shot?

scootay wrote:

Crolla
Burnett
Kelly
Price
Joshua

I picked price to get good odds.. think povetkin was 24 /1 on or something.. it would be a huge shock if price wins but he does ha e that punch.. he hits like a train

Parker is very quick and very aggressive.. I think it's a good job aj has come in a bit lighter than before.. I don't think he's gonna have it all his own way.  Parker means business and I reckon this could be a cracking fight

Parker at 6-1.   I took a small punt on it.  Enough to pay for a meal out for 2 if it drops.  Not enough to cry about if it doesn't.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

space wrote:

Parker at 6-1.   I took a small punt on it.  Enough to pay for a meal out for 2 if it drops.  Not enough to cry about if it doesn't.

I'll bet your good lady will be pleased to hear that you'll finally be able to use those Big Mac 'n' chips for 2 quid vouchers - assuming your bet comes in.

Tolley wrote:
space wrote:

I'll bet your good lady will be pleased to hear that you'll finally be able to use those Big Mac 'n' chips for 2 quid vouchers - assuming your bet comes in.

Don't be a twat.  She can have 20 nuggets to herself if she wants.  I treat her like a princess.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

scootay wrote:
scootay wrote:

Crolla
Burnett
Kelly
Price
Joshua

I picked price to get good odds.. think povetkin was 24 /1 on or something.. it would be a huge shock if price wins but he does ha e that punch.. he hits like a train

Well that went well

Waste of space that Price!

watching it on some yank stream, they're amazed by the size of the crowd

just realised  its 'showtime'

fuck me these ring walks don't half go on