Re: My sporting television debut.

He won.

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

King knocker

King knocker

King knocker

Knock knock knock

King Kong

King Kong

smile

"We are The Fall"

I like that Scootay.

Won my first match last night. Beat a county player from Middlesex 3-2. He had a posh shirt with his name on, I don't get mine until Saturday, so was just wearing a buttony thing with plenty of room for my burgeoning darts gut, though I have some way to go before I catch the big boys up.

The first leg he was on a double and i still wanted 200ish. I won the leg taking the double out at the first chance. Second leg I bossed, he got it back to 2-2, had the darts and I outscored him and won.

Next up was a young dutch lad who got to the World quarter finals of the BDO, I played well but he did two fifteen darters when he had the darts, There is no way I could live with that. Afterwards I said, do we hug now, like they do on the telly, he curtly said no, and mentioned I stopped him getting a rhythm as I play so slowly. I'll take that as a small victory.

Losers mark the next game up, I had Wolfie Adams former world champion. He went out despite hitting a 12 darter. There isn't enough beer in the world to make me that good.

I was 5000/1 to win the main event, after last night's monumental win i might have come in to 4,900/1, then gone out to 10,000s after getting schooled by the dutchie.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Smutty Lips wrote:

I like that Scootay.

Won my first match last night. Beat a county player from Middlesex 3-2. He had a posh shirt with his name on, I don't get mine until Saturday, so was just wearing a buttony thing with plenty of room for my burgeoning darts gut, though I have some way to go before I catch the big boys up.

The first leg he was on a double and i still wanted 200ish. I won the leg taking the double out at the first chance. Second leg I bossed, he got it back to 2-2, had the darts and I outscored him and won.

Next up was a young dutch lad who got to the World quarter finals of the BDO, I played well but he did two fifteen darters when he had the darts, There is no way I could live with that. Afterwards I said, do we hug now, like they do on the telly, he curtly said no, and mentioned I stopped him getting a rhythm as I play so slowly. I'll take that as a small victory.

Losers mark the next game up, I had Wolfie Adams former world champion. He went out despite hitting a 12 darter. There isn't enough beer in the world to make me that good.

What a twat....well done mate. Knocker - Pride of Halifax & District

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

No heroics today, played a good player who regularly gets to the last 32 of these kind of things, and made the quarters last year. I decided to play without a beer today and it didn't stop me scoring well, but I was jittery when I got to the doubles. He beat me 4-0, it could easily have been 3-1 to me. Beer for breakfast tomorrow.

It's daft, you see players who warming up knock in big scores for fun, as soon as the game starts they are erratic. Most players here are beatable if you throw reasonable darts consistently.  It's quite an eye opener.

Smutty Lips wrote:

No heroics today, played a good player who regularly gets to the last 32 of these kind of things, and made the quarters last year. I decided to play without a beer today and it didn't stop me scoring well, but I was jittery when I got to the doubles. He beat me 4-0, it could easily have been 3-1 to me. Beer for breakfast tomorrow.

It's daft, you see players who warming up knock in big scores for fun, as soon as the game starts they are erratic. Most players here are beatable if you throw reasonable darts consistently.  It's quite an eye opener.

I would hazard a guess that more than a few players hit the Beta Blockers before matches.  Do they piss test darts players the way they do snooker players?

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Not at this level. I don't know if the PDC do.

I now know I need three pints, i'm not pissed but it's just taking the edge off me.

Wolfie Adams!! - you da man  smuts

I've never ever thrown a 180

And I was brought up in a pub for fucks sake.

Smutty Lips wrote:

I like that Scootay.

Well done, Smutty! Got any pics, sans pyjamas, obviously?

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

I made it onto the TV/Stream - they set up on the stage but I didn't know and walked across the middle of the first game they were filming as a short cut, they thought it was an oche invasion as someone came to have a word with me about the intrusion. I thought they were just mucking about, didn't realise there was a game on, or that there was a camera there.

I won another game, beat a bloke from Scotland, I was the better player but it was close, from being 3-1 up I had to take the seventh leg for a 4-3 win.

I then played the 11th seed but my beer consumption had crept over the edge of manageable and my game suffered a little for it.

All in all a successful weekend, I was worried I wouldn't win a leg and I won two games and was only battered by Seeded players.

SL,what sort of practice are you putting in hours wise ? (daily).
I'm intrigued.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Was going to ask the same thing. Are you playing for a team? Have a mate who plays in Oxford to a fairly high standard. Just under county. He doesn't want to go further so doesn't put the hours in.

Hell of an achievement mate.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

I played to a good standard about 30 years ago, and was at a stage where it was time to take it seriously to see how good I could become but that would have meant playing five nights a week with the pub etc. I didn't want to do that so stopped totally.

My local have a vets team where it's very light hearted but they struggle for numbers so joined purely to help them out. That was in September, I only planned on turning up and playing on a monday, that's what I did September until late December no practice. To my surprise I was able to put some decent darts together along with some horrible ones. Late December I did a couple of hours practice before a xmas knockout - I played really well but got beat in what was probably the game of the day. Anyway at the end of that comp I told the massed dart players of Peel that I would destroy them next year. It was meant to be funny, and also something to spur me on to practice. I probably do an hour a week at the moment but have just got a board at home, which I'll use when the Mrs is out.  I'll probably only creep upto a couple of hours a week.  That's it.

I probably got lucky with the draw, I beat a couple of county players but they were soft ones, I'd have destroyed them 30 years ago. I scored best when losing 4-0 on the Friday, if i'd not got jittery i might have given him a fright.

Last edited by Smutty Lips (Sun 11 Mar 2018 2:14 pm)