Topic: Tripe

Never had it.  What's it like?

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Re: Tripe

Shit I'd imagine.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

I’ve had it, it was fuckin offal......

Sold it a few butchers I worked in when I were a lad. It looked disgusting, couldn't bring myself to try it.

Have you got a pigs head? No it's the way I part my hair. Best butchery joke I ever heard. Would have liked to have said lean back, but the occasion never arose.

Had some once. Pretty tasteless as far as I could tell. Something people ate when they had to and now whoppers claim to like to make them appear gritty and Northern. It's the Adidas reissue of the meat world.....

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Travis Bickle wrote:

Had some once. Pretty tasteless as far as I could tell. Something people ate when they had to and now whoppers claim to like to make them appear gritty and Northern. It's the Adidas reissue of the meat world.....

Oysters were the cheapest of the cheap in days gone by so I guess there is a role for a reissue.  Surprised they haven't minced it and put it in stuff.  Wonder what it would be like braised for ages in a slow cooker in a strong sauce.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

placidcasual wrote:

I’ve had it, it was fuckin offal......

You're better than that Placid smile

Had it quite a bit as a kid,  mum used to get it from Hecky market on the same stall she used to buy the mucky fat

I still love mucky fat,  tripe I can leave

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

My butcher got locked up.

He had a ham shank in the window

Never had tripe never wanted it..

My nan always had some on the go in a pan.. offered it to me relentlessly but I never gave it a go.. she was from Dublin and reminded me of the house woman on father Ted. Go on go on go on

Im laughing at that pigs head gag!!

big_smile