Topic: Huel

Anyone tried this bizarre shit?

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Re: Huel

Not used this but if you're after replacing one or two meals a day for weight loss purposes then there are lots more low calorie shake things around a lot cheaper from bulk powder websites.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

space wrote:

Not used this but if you're after replacing one or two meals a day for weight loss purposes then there are lots more low calorie shake things around a lot cheaper from bulk powder websites.

I was thinking of it.  Just need to get a couple of stone off as I can't get my knee right at 16 stone. 

Slim fast?   Recommendations?

Reggie Perrin wrote:
space wrote:

I was thinking of it.  Just need to get a couple of stone off as I can't get my knee right at 16 stone. 

A couple of years ago I used whey powder, ground psyliam husks and a shit load of exercise and lost three stone.  OK, I put it back on over 12 months after I damaged my neck.

Started dieting again though and have just ordered some of this stuff:

https://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrit … 24199.html

I'll report back on it in a couple of weeks.

space wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
space wrote:

A couple of years ago I used whey powder, ground psyliam husks and a shit load of exercise and lost three stone.  OK, I put it back on over 12 months after I damaged my neck.

Started dieting again though and have just ordered some of this stuff:

https://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrit … 24199.html

I'll report back on it in a couple of weeks.

I've been having two vlcd shakes every day plus one small meal (steamed kale and spinach for example) and one small snack-meal (e.g. thin sliced wholemeal sandwich with a thin slice of ham) per day.

The shakes taste like shit and leave a horrible after taste - it really is a miserable existence.  Also,  yesterday I had shakes for breakfast and lunch and around 5 oclock I felt too weak to drive home.  I had to pop into Asda and neck down a small pork pie and 5 minutes later I felt fine again.  So you can take this shit too far.

But I have lost 5 pounds in a week.

Which shakes taste like shit space? The ones in your link above?

I was thinking of getting them

scootay wrote:

Which shakes taste like shit space? The ones in your link above?

I was thinking of getting them

I had the vanilla, which tasted like the cheapest ice cream you've ever had that's been left out of the freezer.  Having said that, I have ordered some more of it but in a different flavour.

I did find it quite filling, although my body still felt cheated and craved food, but I think that was more in search of flavour than sustenance.

Once I've lost a full stone, I'll switch to something else not quite so extreme.

Also, have given up beer and normal tea.  Now having green tea and the odd glass of vino in the evening.  Going to try some fat binder tablets too for a week and see if they add anything to the mix as they do look like an expensive way to throw money away at first glance.

How much weight are you trying to shift?

scootay wrote:

I turned into a right fat cunt since I had the brain aneurysm and last month I weighed in at 19 stone 2 lbs.

Ideally, I want to lose 76 lbs (down to 13 stone).  7 lbs shed according to the scales this afternoon, so only another 69 to go.  10% done.  I keep trying to make the maths look good.

I'm just going to get slim fast I reckon.  Slim fast and sauna.

space wrote:
scootay wrote:

I turned into a right fat cunt since I had the brain aneurysm and last month I weighed in at 19 stone 2 lbs.

Ideally, I want to lose 76 lbs (down to 13 stone).  7 lbs shed according to the scales this afternoon, so only another 69 to go.  10% done.  I keep trying to make the maths look good.

Yeah that's quite a lot to lose.

I reckon good old calorie counting is ok.. stick to 1500 a day and it'll produce good results.  Are you able to exercise?

Plus, if you're 19 stone I can't see those shakes being any good. You'll make yourself Ill

scootay wrote:
space wrote:
scootay wrote:

Yeah that's quite a lot to lose.

I reckon good old calorie counting is ok.. stick to 1500 a day and it'll produce good results.  Are you able to exercise?

Got two displaced disks in my neck that stop me running or using the cross training machines.  Got a brain aneurysm that stops weightlifting and anything else that spikes my blood pressure.  That's why I've got so fucking fat.

Was down to 800 calories a day.  I've put it up to 1000.  I'll up it a bit more once I've got a stone lost.

I knew you had a few health problems, just wasn't sure if there was any form of exercise you could do.

I still think you're doing yourself no good on 800 calories/1000. You're obviously pissed off with the weight but you'll still drop it at 1500.
It's a hard slog bud, but you're better off losing it slightly slower

Just to make things worse, I'm taking a drug that has a main side effect of rapid weight gain.  I look at a something fried and I put on half a stone.

Diet was on hold for a week due to me having a shitty cold but back on track now.

I've lost 15 pounds so far (20% of target).  Having either one or two food replacement shakes a day and being sensible about what and how much I eat for other meals.

Tried the fat binder pills for a week and they can help.  But so can replacing the 8 cups of tea a day I drink with decaf green tea.  (These fat binding pills are mostly green tea and raspberry ketones anyway).

So I don't know about Huel, but the powder meal method does work for me.

My understanding of fat binding drugs is that you develop pretty sloppy shit
That fats got to go somewhere and if your not absorbing it the only other route is out the back end

ambition beyond ability

Eat grilled veggies, chicken breast, white fish, cut out bread, butter, sugar and salt, any kind of sweets and alcohol, weigh your meals and keep proteins to 100g a serving, skip rope, soon knock off 3 kg smile

suck'ahs to the side I know you hate my 98'