Topic: Toronto FC

Walked the Eastern division this year, minus a shite result against the Montreal mob. Record wins, record points and goals.
Obviously now bound to fuck up in the play off but nice to see that the gave the manager time to get it right, that plus Giovinco ...

Vancouver looking like they'll take the Western division

John Wayne, Ronald Reagan, Donald Trump + 1 million names ... you guys took one hell of a beating   big_smile

Take off hosers ...

Re: Toronto FC

Fuck the Hockey & the Basketball. Toronto have got the 1st leg of their CONCACAF Champions League Final game against CD Guadalajara on the 18th April. I expect TT not only to be in attendance, but to start something with them there mexicans & give us a match write up an' all. smile

Toronto have been shit so far this season in the league and currently sit bottom of the league. They appear to have been concentrating on the CL.

I hope you went out smiling like a child, into the cool remnant of a dream.

Went to the Chivas Guadalajara/NY Red Bulls semi-final game last Tuesday, bunch of 20 Mexican lads from the football bar I go to got a minibus there, they fucking loved it, first time they've been able to see their team for years (their top boy, Lorenzo, to me - "Leeds United?! Who's that fucking shit team?").

Chivas scraped a nil-nil after getting battered for the first 20 mins, meaning they went through, the Cans were ecstatic, and made a huge noise - their "Chivas" chant very Zulu like. Their team were shite though, sounds like a well matched final.

Hit a pothole on the way back to Brooklyn, flat tire in Noo Joizey and driving round in detour circles trying to get into the tunnel, took 3 hrs to get home. Fucking shithole, they call it the Garden State, more like the Toilet State.

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

Mike Jones wrote:

Went to the Chivas Guadalajara/NY Red Bulls semi-final game last Tuesday, bunch of 20 Mexican lads from the football bar I go to got a minibus there, they fucking loved it, first time they've been able to see their team for years (their top boy, Lorenzo, to me - "Leeds United?! Who's that fucking shit team?").

Chivas scraped a nil-nil after getting battered for the first 20 mins, meaning they went through, the Cans were ecstatic, and made a huge noise - their "Chivas" chant very Zulu like. Their team were shite though, sounds like a well matched final.

Hit a pothole on the way back to Brooklyn, flat tire in Noo Joizey and driving round in detour circles trying to get into the tunnel, took 3 hrs to get home. Fucking shithole, they call it the Garden State, more like the Toilet State.

There was a bit of a kerfuffle in the stands wasn't there? wink

I hope you went out smiling like a child, into the cool remnant of a dream.

Apparently, after the match (as we were fleeing for the car, didn't want to spend any more minutes than necessary in Harrison or anywhere else in Joizey) there were smoke bombs and the works. Don't think there was any aggro though, the cops are too mental for owt like that. Although I did see a bunch of middle-aged men in nylon tops bouncing in the middle of the road, arms spread wide in the style, swapping observations about the merits of Red Bulls as opposed to NYCFC a year or 2 back. Plums.

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

Misura wrote:

Fuck the Hockey & the Basketball. Toronto have got the 1st leg of their CONCACAF Champions League Final game against CD Guadalajara on the 18th April. I expect TT not only to be in attendance, but to start something with them there mexicans & give us a match write up an' all. smile

Toronto have been shit so far this season in the league and currently sit bottom of the league. They appear to have been concentrating on the CL.

Waiting on tickets and also if winter ever ends. Freezing rain storms this weekend followed by severe winds and now flooding. The end is nigh.

Im more likely to go in the TFC end and kick off. I've only been thrown out once since i moved  wink

Take off hosers ...

Watched it in a pub. Two days of dealing with flooding in the basement of the store, i was fucked if i was going to sit out in the snow...
Big ask to go there and win by two clear goals.

Take off hosers ...