Topic: Live at Leeds

Ok who's going
Any recommendations
Haven't sorted an itinerary out yet!

ambition beyond ability

Re: Live at Leeds

I'm off.

Not had a proper sort out yet either. 

I was nailed on to watch idles as first band but the orielles have been added now .  All depends on time. Wristbands have moved to the BBC place near the wardrobe. 

Don't want to miss yak.. that's a must see for me.

Might check out  sounds like a storm, snuts, hockey dad, freya ridings, indigo project, pale white , pale waves, hatchie and Lucia

I'm gonna have a big purge on what's on and then have a plan by Saturday. Doesn't always work out like that though

Oh yeah.. might have a spare ticket too

Let me know if anyone's interested .. it's not guaranteed it's available yet but it could be. And it's at the early bird price of 25 quid too... bargain!

That list definitely will be nowhere near the list..

Not missing touts either.. love them

Ok my list is this..the odd clash obviously and the beer will decide plus who I'm with might have other ideas .... but..

12 - wardrobe - idles
1.15 wardrobe - the blinders
1.30 - brudenell - hatchie
2- trinity- far Caspian
2.45 - stylus  - superorganism
2.45 - key club - the snuts
3 15 - wardrobe  - giant party
4 - stylus - indigo project
4.30 - h t church - stereo honey
4.45 - academy - sunset son's
5 - Beckett- fling
5 - stylus I.s - the night cafe
5.45 - Belgrave 2 - white room
6 - oporto - bloxx
7 - n o shopkeepers - touts
8 - brudenell - boy azooga
8.30 - wardrobe- yak
9.15 - Beckett - British sea power

Or I might watch haye/bellew

Odd job???

You off man?

Where's ya list?

Missed out jalen n'gonda too.. big clashes around the 3pm Mark

But this lad is quality

I think he's like sam cooke

Last edited by scootay (Fri 04 May 2018 11:27 pm)

scootay wrote:

Ok my list is this..the odd clash obviously and the beer will decide plus who I'm with might have other ideas .... but..

12 - wardrobe - idles
1.15 wardrobe - the blinders
1.30 - brudenell - hatchie
2- trinity- far Caspian
2.45 - stylus  - superorganism
2.45 - key club - the snuts
3 15 - wardrobe  - giant party
4 - stylus - indigo project
4.30 - h t church - stereo honey
4.45 - academy - sunset son's
5 - Beckett- fling
5 - stylus I.s - the night cafe
5.45 - Belgrave 2 - white room
6 - oporto - bloxx
7 - n o shopkeepers - touts
8 - brudenell - boy azooga
8.30 - wardrobe- yak
9.15 - Beckett - British sea power

Or I might watch haye/bellew

See you at White Room or Touts

Odd Job wrote:

5 - Beckett- fling

What did you think of them? My daughter put on a gig featuring them in Bangor (the Wales one) last year - they're as mad as a box of sausages. But hey, they're young!

That was one of my favourite live at Leeds ever.. fuck me it's hard work though.. first pint 11am, last pint 11pm.. I've got a massive blister on my foot from shit loads of walking up and down the sunny streets of Leeds.

We all managed to get in to see idles.   Big queue round the block for them and loads of people couldn't get in.

Three of our party of five didn't want to see idles but stayed with persuasion  from me. There is no other band on this planet who do what they do. Third time I've seen em now and they are mesmerizing brutal, funny, fierce and a real tour de force... everyone was blown away. Could not be followed, impossible.

Even if you don't like their music, you have to witness this band live. Cannot stress enough how unmissable they are.

We stayed for blinders and I wasn't too impressed by them.. they were alright... the kids loved them but they're lacking something

We decided against the brudenell and went to the Belgrave for a slice of pizza to then go to the key club to see the snuts but couldn't get in.. it was full... I really wanted to see superorganism but then decided to nip to headrow house to watch jalen n'gonda.. he was on at 3 But arrived at ten past and said he'd had a nightmare journey.. he got his guitar out the case , plugged in and played.. not heard a voice like that in the flesh ever... what a beautiful, soulful voice and a lovely stripped low fi guitar. Genuine talent ala Sam Cooke... put it this way, if he went on Britain's got talent Amanda Holdens knickers would be as wet as the front of David wolliams y fronts.. the young lad is pure talent.

A very lovely blonde girl was chatting to me and we compared lists. She asked if she could join us , so we had another member of the group.. after an hour or so of chat and laughs and her flicking her hair about, she mentioned she was single and I'm proud to say I told her I was taken:) she peeled off from the group then a little bit later..  man she was tidy though...

So uo to stylus to watch indigo project who were average.. really wanted to watch the night cafe and hockey dad but thought I might be pushing it coming up to the touts gig at 7.. so headed down to the Belgrave to watch white room. Except I'd got it wrong.. they were on at the becket.. fucks sake.. so headed to the shopkeepers to watch touts.. beer outside in the sunshine.. touts were just ace.. fast and furious, funny, pistols, jam, slf all rolled in to one band of three young kids.. ace ace ace.. up the fuckin Derry!

Then another walk to the wardrobe to see yak.. all five of us back together..  and yak like idles just have to be seen to be appreciated.. the best guitarist on this planet by a mile.. what a lad he is.. can only compare him to Hendrix. Incendiary performance that left a few totally speechless.. brilliant.

Then holy trinity church.. the blister affecting the walk as much as the twenty pints I'd had.. bit of respite, I pulled a pew out   sat down for Nadine Shah.. couldn't see anything but she sounded ok.. I did get a few annoyed stares when I was shouting at my mate do you see the light? Do you see the light brother.. just as the music had stopped..  I crossed my chest, asked for forgiveness and headed up to the trinity for the mighty British sea power.. I was actually gunning to watch the haye bellew fight but no one else wanted to and I didn't want to be on my own at the end of the night.

Bsp did not let me down.. ace set by them.. even decided against the last train to watch the whole set... blistering set, both bears out, good end to the best day of the year..

Roll on next year