Re: Teenage Depression.

Shit Space, hope your lad pulls through. Take care.

Thank you CBIT for a restoration of basic human decency. smile

Misura wrote:

Thanks CBIT, and apologies to you Dave for flying off the handle, not appropriate given events but I thought his message was highly insensitive, to say the least.

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

Mike Jones wrote:
Misura wrote:

Thanks CBIT, and apologies to you Dave for flying off the handle, not appropriate given events but I thought his message was highly insensitive, to say the least.

No problem fella.  I didn't have the strength to get properly irritated so thanks for the proxy flaming.  Besides, it makes a pleasant change for me to not be on the end of your ire.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

What's the latest SCD?  Gave my eldest lad a cuddle this mor ing, he thinks I'm weird.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

What's the latest SCD?  Gave my eldest lad a cuddle this mor ing, he thinks I'm weird.

His liver function tests were getting progressively worse until this morning when a test came back slightly better, so we're hoping that the damage has bottomed out.  We'll know if we've turned a corner by tomorrow.

space wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

His liver function tests were getting progressively worse until this morning when a test came back slightly better, so we're hoping that the damage has bottomed out.  We'll know if we've turned a corner by tomorrow.

Still got my fingers crossed & sending positive vibes, S. smile

space wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

There's hope there mate.  Keep strong and let's see by Monday, he might be out of the woods.  Livers are pretty resilient things.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

There's hope there mate.  Keep strong and let's see by Monday, he might be out of the woods.  Livers are pretty resilient things.

Hope so.  Then we get to the psychiatric bit and try to find out why he went all "Clarke Carlisle".

space wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Hope so.  Then we get to the psychiatric bit and try to find out why he went all "Clarke Carlisle".

Yep.  That won't be nice I bet.

Hopefully things are still improving, Space. smile

Just seen this . Best wishes to him and your family.

To stand aside is to take sides.

Just brought him home.  There's a fair chance he'll recover given time.

space wrote:

Excellent news!

space wrote:

"Fair chance" and "given time" sound a bit ominous mate albeit not the outcome it could have been.  What is going have to contend with in the meantime?

Reggie Perrin wrote:
space wrote:

"Fair chance" and "given time" sound a bit ominous mate albeit not the outcome it could have been.  What is going have to contend with in the meantime?

He won't be drinking cider in the park with his mates for a while, but he should recover in time.  We're not impressed with the psychiatric help we were offered at the hospital.  We'll have to go to his doctor and push.

Find decent psychiatric care elsewhere and tell your GP you want referring there, although this sort of stuff is very low on the governments list of priorities and funding is woefully low.  A lot of these places are skeletons of what they once were.

Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you.

Aim Low and miss...

First and foremost, you've got him home space.

One day at a time. Genuinely happy to hear he's home. Peace and love to you and yours.

I have to return some video tapes

Glad to hear he's home Dave

Good, really good news.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Great he's home

All for one,  one for all

Fingers crossed for your family

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

space wrote:
Mike Jones wrote:
Misura wrote:

No problem fella.  I didn't have the strength to get properly irritated so thanks for the proxy flaming.  Besides, it makes a pleasant change for me to not be on the end of your ire.

Must have been LL, I've been in Vienna since Friday and not been on till now.

Offer still stands Dave.

CBIT wrote:
space wrote:
Mike Jones wrote:

Must have been LL, I've been in Vienna since Friday and not been on till now.

Offer still stands Dave.

Vienna? It means nothing to me.

You knows I loves you CBIT, but you need keeping on a shirt leash. It's for your own good. big_smile Anyways, if it weren't you, then cheers LL.

Last edited by Misura (Tue 15 May 2018 9:02 am)

Dave, hows the boy?

You know if thres anything any of us can do just holler.