Re: pubs closing

http://www.closedpubs.co.uk/yorkshire/p … _eyrie.JPG

The Irwin Arms Kos.

Got more soul, than a sock with a hole.

Leodis is still there. Has a decent share of half wits n' all.

Mulberry near Costco is shut.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Went in a few year back, nice old pub but quiet.

Asking our lasses old man and that, the crown ( I think) and old black bull were packed when tetleys was booming in 70's

Not surprising what technology, price wars and lifestyle have evolved in to

Parked at the back of Delaneys today, now turned into flats.

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Lad I know's Dad had that place for years. City of Mabgate before that.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

City of Mabgate was an ace pub. Used to have a few with my Dad in there.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Travis Bickle wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Lad I know's Dad had that place for years. City of Mabgate before that.

Only ever went in a couple of times, when Beeston SA were based there. Liked it though- the ale was right enough.

"We are The Fall"

I noted this morning whilst out cycling that The Omnibus on Sharp Lane at Middleton has been "tinned."

Amazed it stayed open so long.  Never ever saw anyone going in there.

"We are The Fall"

Isn't that the one were one of the locals tried to run over a copper when they were having a last night closing party

There are new pubs opening as well though off to try a new one tomorrow night before a meal in town with the missus Lamb and Flag Leeds Brewer pub down by Call Lane

ambition beyond ability

No pubs left in Bell Isle then.  Just the WMC.

Union AGM was in there the other week.

It's about the best WMC I've ever been in

"We are The Fall"

Suburban pubs are a dying breed
Only real growth is in the Gastropub genre or ones that have a niche trendy beardy type clientele
Well that's my take on it anyway

ambition beyond ability

Loads of pubs needed to close.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

luxury_scruff wrote:

Loads of pubs needed to close.

Not the City of Mabgate though. Smallest city in the world.

The Harp in Burmantofts closing down too.

Yes heard the other night - sad news - I gather they've had enough and are retiring

I was told something about the sale but can't remember the details now. Was it going for residential?

The Harp used to bring out a bit of free snap now and then at critical points in the evening In the best tradition of Leeds  Irish pubs.  The Pointers used to offer around trays of roast potatoes at the right times of night before they shut down - most welcome. Your beardy new bars could learn from all of this

The White Stag relied on 'liberal' hours......

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ … 63/9170464

The Spotted Cow in Holbeck was my all time fave pre-match pub. The landord's tales of chasing the one legged prostitute away were comic gold.

My old pub the kings arms holbeck.

There used to be forty pubs on Manchester road in Bradford.. forty! There's about three now. And Leeds road had slightly less. I think they've all gone now

scootay wrote:

There used to be forty pubs on Manchester road in Bradford.. forty! There's about three now. And Leeds road had slightly less. I think they've all gone now

Red Lion, Woodman and Top House.

Drop Kick and British Queen are officially Huddersfield Road I reckon.

scootay wrote:

I drive down there regular for a giant kebab at Venus.  Hardly any one in areas like that drinks in pubs any more.  Either they have settled on club prices, they don't drink because of their religion / culture of they are on their arse and can only afford electric soup from Netto. 

Used to be loads of pubs in Hunslet, Belle Isle and Miggy.  very few in Hunslet, only one left in Miggy and non in Belle Isle.