Re: Bielsa sacked

Is this not sorted yet?

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

Loose Lips wrote:

Is this not sorted yet?

Nope and you sense that if it doesn't happen this weekend it won't happen at all.
Worryingly the links with Bruce seem to be getting stronger.

You also feel the Hernandez deal hinges on Bielsa's potential arrival too.

Never straightforward down ER way is it?

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

Old Wharfedaler wrote:
Loose Lips wrote:

Is this not sorted yet?

Nope and you sense that if it doesn't happen this weekend it won't happen at all.
Worryingly the links with Bruce seem to be getting stronger.

You also feel the Hernandez deal hinges on Bielsa's potential arrival too.

Never straightforward down ER way is it?

But Bruce signed him for 'Ull didn't he?  Too many clickbait articles that don't k ow anything.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

On the brink apparently.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

Harvest wrote:

On the brink apparently.

Bruce or Bielsa?

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

The latter.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

Unless Spain get to him first of course.....?

Real Madrid certainly have something to answer for - fancy announcing your countries CURRENT manager as your NEW manager a couple of days BEFORE the World Cup is due to start!?!?

Am surprised they sacked him though,  interesting to see how Spain perform now

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

It’s understood Leeds United are considering a draft of a contract sent by ex Argentina & Chile boss Marcelo Bielsa who is in talks to become the new head coach. The draft was sent in the early hours of this morning. Bielsa’s camp say “the ball is in Leeds United’s court.”

Like this lad, writing his own ticket, very very wise..

#DoTheDai \o/

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

king of the slums wrote:

It’s understood Leeds United are considering a draft of a contract sent by ex Argentina & Chile boss Marcelo Bielsa who is in talks to become the new head coach. The draft was sent in the early hours of this morning. Bielsa’s camp say “the ball is in Leeds United’s court.”

Like this lad, writing his own ticket, very very wise..

Who is it pal?

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

They certainly know how to draw things out don't they?

Jesus.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

This must be the most protracted attempt at appointing a manager in football history! I can only see it ending one way, pfft.

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

All done. Some tactical insights here.


https://golazoargentino.com/2018/06/05/ … lo-bielsa/

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Re: Bielsa sacked

Mol wrote:

All done. Some tactical insights here.


https://golazoargentino.com/2018/06/05/ … lo-bielsa/

Err... yeah. I hope our lot understand that.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ … -1-9207861

Anyway, i think its positive.

Welcome El Loco!

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

Indeed welcome!  In can only end in two ways though surely?  Glory, or him throwing a fit after a fortnight and jacking it in because promises have not been kept.

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

As much as dislike passing positive comment about the dirty, dirty scum from West Yorkshire, you’ve made an amazing appointment here. smile

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

Hope so. From what I've read he sounds like a great manager but it's Leeds we're talking about. We'd won the league by September last year with another great manager and were looking at relegation by April. Has anyone said 'strap yourself in' yet? That seems to accompany any appointment beyond the mundane.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

Harvest wrote:

Hope so. From what I've read he sounds like a great manager but it's Leeds we're talking about. We'd won the league by September last year with another great manager and were looking at relegation by April. Has anyone said 'strap yourself in' yet? That seems to accompany any appointment beyond the mundane.

I think for the first time in 10 years it really is a "strap yourself in" moment rather than the usual "bend over and brace yourself".

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

Hmm. Can only see this ending in tears, to be honest. More than willing to be proved wrong, mind.
Would loved to have seen "The Special (needs) One" bang heads with  MC after a coke bender. smile

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

Obvously all us omjer’s are learned students of the game, so This is just to refresh your memories.......

http://www.thefalse9.com/2014/11/marcel … eille.html

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-do … 3-1-a.html

Last edited by Misura (Fri 15 Jun 2018 2:06 pm)

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

This is the first time since O'Leary that a Leeds manager has had a plan and let's be honest, a clue.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

He managed that great Athletic Bilbao side that took Man U apart, home and away, didn't he? If he can get anywhere near with these underperformers, he'll do for me.

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ … -1-9207939

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

90Piesanhour wrote:

He managed that great Athletic Bilbao side that took Man U apart, home and away, didn't he? If he can get anywhere near with these underperformers, he'll do for me.

I remember seeing that, watching this intense bastard stalking the technical area as his team battered Man U, and thinking ‘I wish he could be the Leeds manager’. He had slightly better players to work with at Bilbao though... His Chile team of 2010 were great to watch.

It will end badly of course (you have to be wary of people who refer to themselves in the third person) but if nothing else we will see a Leeds team working their bollocks off.

"They run up, they run down, they run up, they run down, they run up, they run down …" Guardiola on Bilbao (appreciatively) when he was at Barcelona.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl … -barcelona

"I'm not very good at being a hedonist... ...must try harder"

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

Knowing Leeds, this chap's contract negotiations will last longer than his spell in charge.

What the fuck is he going to do with Felix, Coopenbauer and O'K?

Share

Re: Bielsa sacked

A Leeds team working their bollocks off .
That will do for me .

To stand aside is to take sides.

Share