Topic: national League 18/19

Dover Athletics retained/released list.

http://www.doverathletic.com/news/retai … announced/

We have six players!

Aim Low and miss...

Re: national League 18/19

I've gone native. The transformation to Calderfornian is complete. I am a 2018-19 FC Halifax Town season ticket holder....

Please forgive me....

In other news, I won a club competition on Facebook....
https://scontent.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/32332163_10155861924461725_8366429596337307648_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=5f016731a2cec7d333feee4946892410&oe=5B92DDEC
A FCHT beach towel no less.

In other, other news, Town have let a fair few players go. The guy that runs our local Post Office is one of the officials for the Supporters Club. Apparently, Fullarton insisted on three training sessions in the week (it had been two previously, Tuesdays and Thursdays so midweek games meant effectively only one). A lot of the players couldn't commit and so have left.
Expectations will be raised as ticket prices have gone up to accommodate the shift to what will be effectively full-time status for a lot of the players.

In other, other, other news, the first pre-season friendly has been announced. Stockport County at home on Saturday July the 7th. Not too long to wait. Hannah is happy.

In other, other, other, other news, the new home kit has been released. Still made by Adidas. Hannah is very, very happy...
http://www.fchtshop.com/ekmps/shops/fchalifaxtown/images/1819-home-shirt-adult-size-small-1262-p.jpg

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Tranmere promoted. Player sent off after a minute as well. Deserved it on form and they should be a league club. Shame from a revenue point of view as Boreham Wood bring about 8 fans but the right result. Chesterfield should make up for it in terms of money on the gate.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

No forgiveness required. Kids happy = you happy.

Site stalwart.

You're not wrong H. I enjoyed our first season so much. Had a right laugh. And I'm genuinely looking forward to the next. Be interesting to see what the new regime can do over a full season.

Despite their relegation, I intend to buy a season ticket for Guiseley next season for the first time (I'll be a third year convert). I managed to get to every home league and cup game last season, and intend to carry on, so I might as well save myself a couple of quid. At this level, I'd hazard a guess that the standard of football doesn't vary a great deal between probably 2 divisions higher or lower.

Best of luck to Halifax next season.

It's definitely a different world in the swamps of non-league football!

Hannah's season ticket being free means I'll save about £9 a game.

Harrogate Town and Braintree promoted today. Another local game for us.

Travis Bickle wrote:

Hannah's season ticket being free means I'll save about £9 a game.

Harrogate Town and Braintree promoted today. Another local game for us.

The world's hottest communal bath! Jumped straight into after a match once and I nearly ended up in Harrogate General, I didn't know water went to that temperature.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Fixtures out on the 4th of July. Town have their first friendly, Stockport at home, on the 7th. Bolton at home the week after.
Scott Garner joined Guiseley. He'll do a job for them. Southwell comes the other way to Town. 7 goals in 18 games apparently.
Town have still a way to go in terms of completing the squad but the signs are encouraging so far. Fullarton seems to have been tracking a lot of players.

Travis Bickle wrote:

Fixtures out on the 4th of July. Town have their first friendly, Stockport at home, on the 7th. Bolton at home the week after.
Scott Garner joined Guiseley. He'll do a job for them. Southwell comes the other way to Town. 7 goals in 18 games apparently.
Town have still a way to go in terms of completing the squad but the signs are encouraging so far. Fullarton seems to have been tracking a lot of players.

Yeah yeah yeah but,  more importantly,  what does the daughter think should happen? smile

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Dover appear to be doing the usual with players effing off left right and centre.  We are still amateur so I suspect other clubs offering dough.

We still only have six players!

Pre season announced - usual suspects of Hythe, Folkestone, Deal and Gillingham for the 'big' game.

We have a new pitch though - one of those 4G jobbies woven into grass or summat.  Saints have one.

So - will Salford City destroy this league next season?

Aim Low and miss...

I signed up for a Guiseley season ticket for the first time. They've dropped the early bird price to £150 for the 21 league games, which is considerably less (maybe a £100 or so) than last year. I was going to buy one anyway.

Guiseley did need to drastically reduce the squad size and wage bill, so there's been a lot of goings, and not many arrivals at this point, but there's still plenty of time for a few signings. There's a new management team (2 joint managers and a lackey) which seems to have been favourably received by the supporters. Probably the most important factor is that the club's main benefactor seems to be keeping the faith, despite being promised much, and delivered little last season.

The defence definitely needed sorting out, so Scott Garner is a welcome arrival. I'm sorry to see Southwell go as he did well with little support.

Roll on the new season.

Word is Garner was outstanding in the Conference North for FCHT. Held his own at the start of last season, got injured and then Maher and Brown came in.
Fullarton clearly still has links at Bolton Wanderers (he was U-21s coach for 2 years) and seems to know a lot of people in youth set-ups. Has his own academy in Spain where teams play those from professional clubs, over 200 involved. 10 signed up so far I think but no surprise at this level apparently.
The standard of football improved massively when he took over. Be interesting to see what he can do with his own team and a proper pre-season etc.
As for Hannah, she wants her new kit (with name and number this year!).....

Travis Bickle wrote:

Word is Garner was outstanding in the Conference North for FCHT. Held his own at the start of last season, got injured and then Maher and Brown came in.
Fullarton clearly still has links at Bolton Wanderers (he was U-21s coach for 2 years) and seems to know a lot of people in youth set-ups. Has his own academy in Spain where teams play those from professional clubs, over 200 involved. 10 signed up so far I think but no surprise at this level apparently.
The standard of football improved massively when he took over. Be interesting to see what he can do with his own team and a proper pre-season etc.
As for Hannah, she wants her new kit (with name and number this year!).....

'Bickle'  #154.......?

Great she's up for it,  you'll have a ball this season I'm sure - more aways too no doubt

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Harrogate and Salford on the away list now (have lost Tranmere and Macclesfield). She did start panicking a bit about the games we'll miss when we're away (probably 3 if there's a midweek in there).
Should have added Shaun Rowley to the list of players, 21-year old keeper from Shrewsbury Town.

I see that Jordan Preston has been signed by Halifax from Gateshead. He was at Guiseley the season before last. I liked him - he showed a bit of attacking flair with the ball. But he appears to have put on more than a couple of extra kilos - it must be all those parmos and munchy boxes they're so fond of up there in the hinterlands.

Saying that, it's quite understandable. Beyond going out virtually in the all together and getting wrecked, or staying in and watching repeats of the Likely Lads, there's not much else to take your mind off the misery of your existence thereabouts.