Topic: Paris

Need to stay for one night so we can do sightseeing to break up the journey South.
Have the chance of decent but dirt-cheap hotel with secure parking in La Defense. I know it's all offices and the like but it's easy to get to by car and has great links to the bits we'll want to see.

Any reason not to stay there? Any advice welcome.

Last edited by Travis Bickle (Mon 09 Jul 2018 12:18 pm)

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: Paris

Travis Bickle wrote:

Need to stay for one night so we can do sightseeing to break up the journey South.
Have the chance of decent but dirt-cheap hotel with secure parking in La Defense. I know it's all offices and the like but it's easy to get to by car and has great links to the bits we'll want to see.

Any reason not to stay there? Any advice welcome.

Spend the money and stay in this place. On the periph and perfect for heading south

Old art deco hotel that went downhill,  turned into a graffiti space in the 80s, Re- done but still has works by Futura, Skii in there.. right up your strasse + its got an ace outdoor pool

https://sofitel.accorhotels.com/gb/hote … ndex.shtml

Re: Paris

La defense is just dull, but not threatening. Stayed there a few times, always preferred la Louvre area. Metro station takes you straight into the touristy bits.