Topic: Brighouse Town away....

...I say away, the ground is about a 2-minute drive from the house.

If I heard right, 407 turned out to watch tonight. There was a minute's applause for George Mulhall before the game.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dhw-cDWX0AAFP8m.jpg
Picture's from Town's Twitter. Gives you an idea. Brighouse is everything you'd expect from an Evo-stik Northern Premier team ground. The 'stand' is two rows of seats under cover. There's a bar and some toilets in front of the changing rooms and, apart from the usual fence round the ground, that's about it. They had a scaffold tower for the bloke videoing the game and, given the weather we've had, a big gazebo with BBQ and beer.

Town's team has changed a lot since last season. Add in some trialists and it was always going to be a bit all over the place from the off. Tomlinson stood out for Town in the first half along with Southwell (signed from Guiseley). The latter got Town's first two. Another new boy, Cameron King got their third to leave it 1-3 at halftime. Maher is a class above in defence, could definitely play at a higher level.

Brighouse changed their whole starting 11 at halftime. And their kit.

Once Town started to find their rhythm there was only ever one winner. Some very promising signs in the second half. Difficult to read too much into any pre-season game but what we saw was good movement and some real structure. Hanley had a much better second half, new signing Mekhi Haycock-McLeod is tiny but showed some good touches and movement. Kosylo looked sharp. Jordan Preston came on and, again, looked good.

The goals came thick and fast and Town dominated possession. Big lad having a trial up front came on and scored two. Looked promising.

It was great being back watching football together again. Sunny evening, game on the doorstep. Cracking.

She's really starting to pick up on stuff. I reckon watching when you're practically on top of the pitch helps in some ways. We had a laugh about the swearing...from the players this time.

School night so she was straight to bed when we got in. Big grin. And her new home kit should arrive any day now. Going to be another cracking year in the lower leagues I reckon.....
https://scontent.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36935864_10155997464151725_6994532203505909760_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeFrZb-veobWohtYa5WWK5h0LJE0gHCkpWFoYk8Nw5cCiKO6kPK1ugKiZCJRjhisP9hyQP5yJuRAFMroq_RHh9ssk0xiFiVXKPJTfwlHmlA35A&oh=919fc54cc59060a91c4578d172c927da&oe=5BA607D3

Brighouse Town 1 FC Halifax Town 7
Att: 407

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: Brighouse Town away....

'Big lad up front' was Jonathan Edwards, ex-Hull City, I think.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Fair play to Brighouse.  When I packed in, late 90s, I think they were still County Amateur league, so they've come on leaps and bounds. We used to play them in pre-season friendlies and that's a completely new ground by the looks of it.

At a time when a lot of grass roots teams are really struggling they must have put some work in to achieve a set up like that.

Good luck for the new season by the way; already looking forward to Travis at The Shay on Saturday evenings.

"We are The Fall"

The old ground is now a housing estate, suspect they made a few quid from that.
There was a club history in the programme. Started out as a works team, they had 30 players in pre-season training this year.
Bolton Wanderers at home on Saturday although there's talk of a player dispute over non-payment of wages which could put it in doubt.

Nice that Trav

Always get a warm glow reading your exploits - proper dad-daughter bonding

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Nice one Trav.

Aim Low and miss...

Jeez Trav, that girl's grown some since the last pic you posted of her!

Little lad went to see our local non league side play Brighouse last season and one of their players pissed on the wall behind the corner flag during the game . Imagine the outrage if Harry Kane did that in Moscow.

Last edited by Mega Armageddon Chickens (Wed 11 Jul 2018 10:45 pm)

All the action...including multiple camera angles!