Re: Norwich - away

space wrote:
albert herbert hawkins wrote:

Is it safe to start believing yet or is the OMJ hive-mind still racked with mistrust and scepticism?

At 0-2 up the voice in the back of my mind (who sounds like a manic depressive Seth Armstrong) was telling me that the score line meant we would go down to 10 men and lose 3-2.   It will be a long time until I stop waiting for the wheels to come off.

Seth Armstrong! doesn't that qualify as a haunting!?! still time for a 4th

Fascista, Communista, Tory Boy or Labourista, come and view the whole damn vista, om pom push

Barry Douglas down injured.  For fuck sake....  He's got the bank holiday sale on this weekend.   Those conservatories aren't going to sell themselves.

People are Twats

What can I say? Hot knife through butter. I think the changing rooms got switched around.

We looked great … for the first ten minutes. Toothless thereafter.

Well played, Leeds.

Old Wharfedaler wrote:

First defeat of the campaign sadly.
Hope I'm wrong!

Cheers.

Mr Happy.

What do I fucking know?

Ace.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Only saw last 40 minutes. Looked brilliant, again. How are they doing it? It's almost the same team as last season?!

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

188 completed passes to Narridge's 81.  Fucking mental.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

pipoldchap wrote:

What can I say? Hot knife through butter. I think the changing rooms got switched around.

We looked great … for the first ten minutes. Toothless thereafter.

Well played, Leeds.

Look on the bright side.  If history is anything to go by, half that squad will play for you next year.

People are Twats

Did someone say Marcelona, at work I describe Leeds as Barcelona without the boring bits, i'm not entirely joking.

We were fucking boss today. The most complete performance Ive witnessed for a long long time.

Hernandez & Phiips outstanding

Smutty Lips wrote:

Did someone say Marcelona, at work I describe Leeds as Barcelona without the boring bits, i'm not entirely joking.

Not Bielcalona?

People are Twats

placidcasual wrote:

We were fucking boss today. The most complete performance Ive witnessed for a long long time.

Fingers crossed you’re staying in some Norwich B&B shithole tonight so we get photos like those from Swansea.

Always thought our record at Carrow Road was poor. So this win means a lot .

To stand aside is to take sides.

white dragon wrote:

Always thought our record at Carrow Road was poor. So this win means a lot .

Always a tough place to go down the years.

Watched it from 10 minutes in,thought we were excellent.

________________________________________________________________________________

I thought Berardi was class, he's obviously got his limitations, but played really well, cut loads out, sliding tackles going in at 92 minutes and 3-nil up.

#DoTheDai \o/

Just watched highlights. That second was a beauty. When do the wheels fall off.....?

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Travis Bickle wrote:

Just watched highlights. That second was a beauty. When do the wheels fall off.....?

Millwall usually. Hope we fucking hammer them this season.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Odd Job wrote:
placidcasual wrote:

Fingers crossed you’re staying in some Norwich B&B shithole tonight so we get photos like those from Swansea.

No but the pub we went to was well shoddy!

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/40102925_10157100525082323_1991629296396926976_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d624d794dee2edb2fab7c3f09c0a5556&oe=5BF697E8

Norwich is bloody long way on a coach. Especially with a hyperactive 11 year old rattling round in the seat next to you.

Great day out starting at 7:15 in the morning equipped with massive pack up in a cool bag with some ales.

Go to the pub for 11 and 2 hours or so in there chatting to other Leeds tragics. Bradford Whites, New York Whites (Darren s from Long Island Cuts). Knows Stu and Wes.

Short coach trip from the pub. Sadly didn't go passed the BP, the Travel Lodge or any pedestrianisation.

The game started slowly for Leeds, Norwich not unsurprisingly for the home team made all the running and pressure for the first 10/15 minutes. Jansson saved us from any blushes. Hernandez couldnt get his passing right and conceded possession a few times which could have proved costly.

It seemed to me that we were just riding out the early hubris from a home side, their fans made a bit of noise through this period but that was soon to be quelled.

Up step the wasteful Hernandez, breaking from centre mid and moving a slightly diagnoal movment to the right, he looked up and passed an inch perfect ball into the path of Alioski for him to make a perfection connection header. Krull could only parry it right down the throat of our Polish play maker. He calmly guided the ball low into the area of the goal that Krull and the right back were coming from using their momentum to his advantage they could only watch the ball go passed them as they sturggled to change direction. 1-0

The 1st goal relaxed the team. Ayling takes a throw in around 30 meters up the pitch from our goal, to Hernandez, he plays back to Ayling, Ayling plays it cross field to Beradi he then works it forward through, Klich and Douglas, Douglas into Roofe who plays an absolute peach of a ball at a 95 degree angle into Alioski wo in turn smashed it low and hard beating Krull at his near post.

That was a class move from right back to finish from the left mid. The ball from Roofe was a killer ball as it was just the right angle and also the perfect weight.

We looked in complete control now. Phillips was the pivotal midfielder supporting and recycling the ball for the three attacking foils in front of him and the lynch pin between defence and attack.

the 3rd goal was a quality piece of skill and class from Hernandez. A cut into the box a drop of the shoulder and a feint buy him a yard and he curls the ball into the far post of the goal passed the diving clutches of Krull. Game over after that as a competition.

Notable performances for me

BPF - took some great high balls, with each game he is looking like the real deal.
Phillips - Man of the match for me.
Hernandez - proper quality today, un playable.
Jansson - measured, strong, great decision making, great use of the ball and no histrionics. Interestingly he didn't do that daft thing he does with the fans. He came over and gave his shirt to a young lad. I really hope he stays.

Jimmy Saville didnt do anything untoward to Delia but she did get some clog, "Delia, delia, whats the score" and "let's be having you, lets be having you" to the tune of Wheres your mamma gone...

Even longer trip back on the coach but it was thoroughly enjoyable sipping a few cold beers, the 20 somethings on the coach were entertainingly clattered, turning the middle bit into a tap room. John the coach driver had his magic 828 cd on which had Sweet Caroline on, the coach erupted into a sing a long (cricket style). Although a bit cheesey, was a welcome bit of levity and matched the buoyant mood after what was a completely dominant performance.

LF stuck his Punk CD on which was good too. John the drive had the last laugh sticking Neil Diamond on for the run into Leeds finishing the crescendo outside Scarbaourgh Taps. I got a lift home and bid farewell to the young lads who staggered off into the night singing songs about Douglas, Bielsa and Caroline..

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/40089824_10157101972772323_6343568672153403392_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=759a8dcec475c5a45354590a51e2a214&oe=5C0197B2

Last edited by placidcasual (Sun 26 Aug 2018 3:14 pm)

Norwich is a classic 'are we there yet?' place. It got you priority for an Anfield ticket many moons ago.

Another quality write-up. We'll have to start charging for this place soon...

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Great write up Placid.

Billy Hunt Billy Hunt Billy Billy Beleive!

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/40051818_10215047098562578_8718315893236432896_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=28aee863651039a617e0f7a6b015ed81&oe=5BF84CB4

¡No pasaran!

Nice one Placid. Top Anglia TV work.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Nice one, again, Placid.

The usual, down to earth, sensible post-match press conference. Bielsa is winning hearts and minds on and off the pitch, methinks;

[video]

¡No pasaran!

Cheers placid. Been away the weekend seen nothing of the game yet . Only match report I’ve read. Haven’t been to Norwich away since the 70’s,first time I opened a can at 06.30.

To stand aside is to take sides.

Nice one, Placid

________________________________________________________________________________