Re: Boro h

I’ll have to watch match again, bit of a blur in real time sometimes. Especially when I’ve forgotten my specs.

Old Wharfedaler wrote:
king of the slums wrote:

The hate Cooper brigade are out, we love to shoot our own down don't we?

And all the tin-pot armchair Hockaday's are on twitter telling Marcello how to pick HIS team, knob-heads!

Berardi played alright for me, again, like he did last 4 matches, if you want to look at those improved, he's up there.

Harrison played well, but if we could have only cloned him with Ideguchi's shots and final ball we'd have a mini Pablo.

Manager is working magic with these players and we still want to get on their backs after a draw, scandalous really..

x 3.142

People are Twats

Cooper, let's see...

Three fouls in the box that were penalties on any other day? Check.

Twice dispossessed his own players in the centre letting Boro clean through? Check.

3 fouls outside the box giving the most dangerous team in the league at dead balls  chances? Check.

Lost the tallest man in the world 5 times at corners? Check.

Distribution of a piss horn? Check.

Aye, he was fucking ace.

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Mol wrote:

Cooper, let's see...

Twice dispossessed his own players in the centre letting Boro clean through? Check.

3 fouls outside the box giving the most dangerous team in the league at dead balls  chances? Check.

Aye, he was fucking ace.

Break out the bunting, you've won!!

Mol wrote:

Cooper, let's see...

Aye, he was fucking ace.

Bielsa seems to rate him.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Mol wrote:

Cooper, let's see...

Aye, he was fucking ace.

I'm not a fan of Coopenbauer either and I'm not sure that they were definite penalties. We wouldn't have got any of those decisions.

But assuming that your summary is correct it's quite clear from your description that Cooper is improving.

Last season he was catastrophic.

big_smile

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Cooper - the new Andy Hughes.

I'll take him. Prepared to bust a gut for the club.

Improved a bit under Bielsa. Agree with Mol though. Verging on criminal we didn't get another centre half in !

Got more soul, than a sock with a hole.

Such is MB’s attention to detail, that Cooper’s play will not have gone amiss. Every player has an off day. I too have not been a fan, but he is better than last year at least. Personally think Jansson/ Berardi may be the longer term pairing. Cooper will not be given too many lives.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Phil Hay's Ratings

Bailey Peacock-Farrell - Some big takes from him at times when Boro were bombing set-pieces into his box. A couple of good saves from Howson and Ayala too. 8/10

Luke Ayling - Gave up possession a few too many times but Leeds got the usual strong running from him. Boro's structure was just too tight to break. 6/10

Barry Douglas - Defensively, Leeds were decent in open play and the threat from Downing came from set-pieces. 6/10

Gaetano Berardi - Locked horns with Assombalonga straight away and was big in that battle all night. Justified the decision to stick with him. 8/10

Liam Cooper - Didn't give Boro much of a sniff but there were times when he came under pressure and he didn't distribute as well as he can. 7/10

Kalvin Phillips - Plenty of good work but the fluency of Bielsa's midfield wasn't there, in no small part because of the way Boro massed in that area. 7/10

Jack Harrison - Leeds missed Hernandez, of that there was no doubt, but Harrison was as aggressive as anyone going forward. He just lacked the same finesse. 7/10

Gjanni Alioski - Made himself available time and again on the left but as was the case against Preston, Leeds' service wasn't searching enough. 6/10

Mateusz Klich - Began to looked leggy toward the end and in amongst some clever touches there was some tired play too. 6/10

Samuel Saiz - One of those annoying nights where Saiz couldn't find the killer touch. Boro gave him little breathing space. 5/10

Kemar Roofe - Boro's defensive record speaks for itself and he got very little change out of it. The Bamford switch could have come earlier. 5/10

Pontus Jansson (for Berardi, 88) - Kept it together after Berardi went off injured. 5/10

Stuart Dallas (for Harrison, 90) - Too late to the field to make an impression. 5/10

Patrick Bamford (for Roofe, 90) - Would surely have loved to get more of a chance against his old club. 5/10

The thing is perhaps Bielsa believes in rewarding people who put in a decent performance and given that, doesn't think they should be automatically dropped because a better player is now available. If you are going to pick your best 11 every game and not reward decent performances, fringe players are going to get fucked off.

So perhaps he is aware of Cooper's limitations but thinks the right time to drop him would be after he has put in a poor performance. You know kinda get people playing for their place in the team.

Last edited by Smutty Lips (Sun 02 Sep 2018 2:00 pm)

Like quite a few on here I thought he might pick Jannson because of his height but I couldn`t knock Berardi`s performance, I thought he did a job on  Assombalonga (a player who cost £15m).

Also you never know what goes on behind the scenes and who am I to argue with a man who has us sitting top of the table at the end of the first month of the season.

We were in this position this time last season, but of our first 7 games last season, two of the sides we played were eventually relegated and two survived on the last day of the season.

________________________________________________________________________________

zicoslovechild wrote:

Like quite a few on here I thought he might pick Jannson because of his height but I couldn`t knock Berardi`s performance, I thought he did a job on  Assombalonga (a player who cost £15m).

Also you never know what goes on behind the scenes and who am I to argue with a man who has us sitting top of the table at the end of the first month of the season.

We were in this position this time last season, but of our first 7 games last season, two of the sides we played were eventually relegated and two survived on the last day of the season.

Exactly, we cannot compare to last season, this is a very different Leeds team altogether, even though it is the same Leeds team altogether...I simply cannot see the implosion that struck us last year.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'