Topic: The Tea Street Band, The Sundowns & Elson - Sat 24th November

Shameless plug for latest Oddjob Promotions night - Saturday 24th November

Fox & Newt, 9 Burley Street, Leeds LS3 1LD

Tickets (£10) - available from See Tickets or direct from me.

Three bands - The Tea Street Band, The Sundowns & Elson.

Biographies:

The Tea Street Band

Over their time together, The Tea Street Band have created something of a cult following across the UK.  Yet, further afield, during their debut album campaign, the band travelled as far as Seoul, Europe, Australia, and America.

The band have gained support from tastemakers such as Huw Stephens, John Kennedy, Janice Long, Clint Boon, and Rob Da Bank.

The band now return with their second full-length record, which is due out late 2018 via their new home, ModernSky UK.

The Tea Street Band are formed of Timo Tierney on vocals and guitar, Nick Otaegui on bass and vocals, Lee Smith on guitar and synth and Dom Allen on drums.

The Sundowns

The Sundowns are a 4 piece Indie/Alternative Rock band based in Sheffield who have played venues such as Maida Vale, Record Junkee and The Shakespeare. They have also played Sheffield 02 Academy supporting ‘The Kavaliers’ and are set to have some more pretty big support slots throughout the year.

The Sundowns have appeared on JetStream Radio and are in the playlist of BBC introducing Sheffield. They have written and recorded original material, 'Weekender' being their first demo release and ‘House Party at Eight’ their first EP release, which included the tracks ' House Party at 8 & No name'.

Elson

Elson takes from stylistic cues Nilsson, the two Buckleys’ and Sparklehorse to concoct a close and intimate songwriting style. He has made appearances supporting acts such as Silences, Household Dogs and the Gaslight Folk Club. Elson is entering the studio to record his first ‘real’ tracks in October.

Re: The Tea Street Band, The Sundowns & Elson - Sat 24th November

Timo's a good lad

Re: The Tea Street Band, The Sundowns & Elson - Sat 24th November

Bugger, I'm going to miss this as I'm up at the Library for the Vaynes/Prowlers/PinkPegSlax  shindig.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.