Re: Cranked Up Really High

CharlieG wrote:

Good luck, SaV. You'll be fine.

Cheers mate

danpiesley wrote:

Yates still in Red heading into the last week of the Vuelta.

He's turned into a right spiky little cunt.

Post stage intervirews he can barely contain his contempt and that Daniel Thiebe (sp) is not mug and asks sensible questions - not the painful "how do you feel after winning" rubbish you normally get.

Great race yesterday,  Woods was practically stationary on a few occasions as the incline went over 25% but he pushed it out.  Very emotional interview with him afterwards as he was describing how his wife recently gave birth to a still born son - he was tearing up pretty much like I was!

Yates lost a little time to Valverde - I reckon Valverde has the right cocktail of drugs coarsing through his veins and he'll do Yates for the overall win which might smash Yates' confidence when you look at what happened in the Giro

Great racing with passionate crowds - loving it

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Yeah - it is my favourite grand tour.

Valverde - thirty fucking eight and can do everything!

I watched an IV with him the other day and the only question not asked was what drugs are you on?

I am going to watch the highlights again in a bit - on ITV 4 and Eurosport.

I want Yates to win - spikey cunt or not I'm a jingoistic bastard and he is British.

Aim Low and miss...

That finish yesterday!

Sagan almost caught the two on the line - amazing race and some frighteningly quick speeds due to the tailwind

Yates then went on to say it was the easiest day of the race so far.......

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

^^^  Ha ha ha - how far did Sagan sprint?  500 meters and almost caught them - i'd like to see his speed over the last 350 meters.

Great to see the break succeed.  The break is almost a thing of the past these days but the Vuelta is a different beast.

Great stage.

Two days in Andora to decide it.

Aim Low and miss...

Going to a talk by Charlie Kelly, one of the founding fathers of mountain biking, in Keswick, tomorrow night. Really looking forward to it.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

CharlieG wrote:

Going to a talk by Charlie Kelly, one of the founding fathers of mountain biking, in Keswick, tomorrow night. Really looking forward to it.

Should be good.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Travis Bickle wrote:
CharlieG wrote:

Should be good.

Didn't get there. Have had the most horrendous viral infection for the last week and still feel like shit.
On a brighter note, I've just taken delivery of a Cateye Volt 1700 , for night road riding. Jesus it's bright.

Went out last Sunday on the MTB. First time back in Elland Woods for a while. Forgotten just how blessed we are to have trials like that practically on the doorstep. Grinning like an idiot at the end of the descent.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

New front derailleur and recable. Took 20 minutes  and shifts perfectly. What are the odds that when I'm 15 miles from home, the whole thing will explode? hmm

Last edited by CharlieG (Wed 31 Oct 2018 1:37 pm)

As long as it drops onto the small chainring you'll be right ;-)

"We are The Fall"

I can confirm that everything works perfectly. Just been up to Whinlatter for a coffee and back. Downside is that it is pissing down. The road is closed to traffic but bikes can get through.

Last edited by CharlieG (Wed 31 Oct 2018 5:12 pm)