Re: v Birmingham (h)

Cutsyke wrote:

Haven't seen today's game, didn't hear the commentary but we were always going to lose at some point. Shame it's a home game but better them than one of the teams around us, and by around I mean bellow.

What he said.

People are Twats

Share

Re: v Birmingham (h)

king of the slums wrote:

Aloiski looks shit.

He was babba today but in his defence, he wasn't alone. I thought Roberts did really well apart from Score but he didnt have any clear chances. Saiz was also quite poor couldnt seem to string any passes togetehr. Douglas too was average in distribution. Cooper was also very average.

Shit day at the salt mines. The gravitas of this loss will only be marked by how they respond. Looking forward to Friday already. Off to that on the booze bus.

Last edited by placidcasual (Sat 22 Sep 2018 6:48 pm)

Share

Re: v Birmingham (h)

They were poor , everyone of em . Didn’t see any high press whatsoever.
In a rush to see Danny Baker . Hope he can cheer up my birthday.

To stand aside is to take sides.

Share

Re: v Birmingham (h)

Great save at the death by their keeper from Dallas.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Share

Re: v Birmingham (h)

Harvest wrote:

Great save at the death by their keeper from Dallas.

Indeed.
In contrast BPF should have done far better for both their goals.
Hard to be too critical as he's saved our bacon on more than one occasion.
Fine margins sometimes.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Share

Re: v Birmingham (h)

Never at it today and some under par performances from several. Terrible positioning from BPF for the first although it may have been even worse.

God knows what we were doing for the second.

Shame we had to lose but at least it'll bring us back down to earth especially me, who spent at least some time midweek looking at hospitality packages/membership for Ipswich .

As for Alioski when is he going to learn the offside trap and on a more frustrating note when are Refs going to sort out blatant time wasting associated with feigning an injury. If they go down with a head injury call the ambulance and fuck them off to the hospital. Don't just let them sprint on having watched them writhe in agony for two minutes before walking off at the pace of decrepit slug.

Share

Re: v Birmingham (h)

We looked still knackered after Preston and didn’t have enough to remotely  challenge or r press as usual. Two soft goals then their game management was flawless....disrupt delay and dive at every point pportunity. They shut out midfield and even though we had four strikers dying for a ball over the top we didn’t play any... we didn’t have a shot on target until 15 mine into the 2nd half. 34250 deeply frrustrated  fans but then we rarel play well in front of a sellout

Share

Re: v Birmingham (h)

Alioski if infuriating. How the fuck can he be off side from our free kick when's in line with their defence. I can understand from open play but that's just poor.

Share

Re: v Birmingham (h)

Birmingham scored with their first attack , yes it was bad goalkeeping . But for both goals we were guilty of not harrasing in numbers around the box like we have been . Maybe that is why Phillips got the early hook again. The damage was done then . They defended in numbers took every opportunity to waste time and spoil.
Surprised at the subbing of Klich as he looked one of our better players. Dallas for Allioffsideski , was more logical. He’d blasted 2 first half chances 20 foot over the bar , similar chances to the one he slotted.
Anyone else notice a lot of players slipping over around the half way line ?
It must of been an hour before thier keeper had to make a save.
Funny how Millwall away is closely followed by Sheff Wed away. I can’t shake the nagging thought, this season mirroring last season.Yesterday was so much like Cardiff and Millwall at home last season, gifting goals in first halves.

To stand aside is to take sides.

Share

Re: v Birmingham (h)

I think/hope the difference between this and last season is they know what works and will beat  a team, which is really really hard work. they didn't put it in yesterday and it showed in that 1st half hour. 

I think Bielsa is being clever - three at the back wouldnt have stopped either of the goals, but quicker more agressive closing down would have..that was Phillips' job really. They copied us and shut down the midfield much quicker tht we did theirs.  Kilch played a different role than usual-not as far upfront and I thought he was less effective than alioski either at creating or destroyong. Alioski looked eager, not saying much but him and Harrison never in it.
My worry is that after pummelling Preston it  really took it out of them and if this is gonna be the case it's time baker  and forshaw got a chance. Kilich was in the zone on Tues  but off the pace,  we'll need to rotate mos def.

Last edited by Fiery jack (Sun 23 Sep 2018 4:03 pm)

Share

Re: v Birmingham (h)

Three games in eight days taking it's toll maybe?

Human kindness is overflowing

Share

Re: v Birmingham (h)

white dragon wrote:

Birmingham scored with their first attack , yes it was bad goalkeeping . But for both goals we were guilty of not harrasing in numbers around the box like we have been . Maybe that is why Phillips got the early hook again. The damage was done then . They defended in numbers took every opportunity to waste time and spoil.
Surprised at the subbing of Klich as he looked one of our better players. Dallas for Allioffsideski , was more logical. He’d blasted 2 first half chances 20 foot over the bar , similar chances to the one he slotted.
Anyone else notice a lot of players slipping over around the half way line ?
It must of been an hour before thier keeper had to make a save.
Funny how Millwall away is closely followed by Sheff Wed away. I can’t shake the nagging thought, this season mirroring last season.Yesterday was so much like Cardiff and Millwall at home last season, gifting goals in first halves.


We seem to water the pitch in the middle third for 15 mins before kick off - i assume this is to help with slick passing in transition (i'm stroking my beard as i write this). Otherwise a dispiriting performance. They all need to be on it 100% - the other thing I've notices is that other teams rarely make defensive errors against us. They are very good with blocks or last minute challenges. We've not had a penalty for a year. What does that say?

Share

Re: v Birmingham (h)

currieforengland wrote:
white dragon wrote:

Birmingham scored with their first attack , yes it was bad goalkeeping . But for both goals we were guilty of not harrasing in numbers around the box like we have been . Maybe that is why Phillips got the early hook again. The damage was done then . They defended in numbers took every opportunity to waste time and spoil.
Surprised at the subbing of Klich as he looked one of our better players. Dallas for Allioffsideski , was more logical. He’d blasted 2 first half chances 20 foot over the bar , similar chances to the one he slotted.
Anyone else notice a lot of players slipping over around the half way line ?
It must of been an hour before thier keeper had to make a save.
Funny how Millwall away is closely followed by Sheff Wed away. I can’t shake the nagging thought, this season mirroring last season.Yesterday was so much like Cardiff and Millwall at home last season, gifting goals in first halves.


We seem to water the pitch in the middle third for 15 mins before kick off - i assume this is to help with slick passing in transition (i'm stroking my beard as i write this). Otherwise a dispiriting performance. They all need to be on it 100% - the other thing I've notices is that other teams rarely make defensive errors against us. They are very good with blocks or last minute challenges. We've not had a penalty for a year. What does that say?

Always prefer it to be wet in the middle......

Good to see you back CFE - hope you're well

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share