Topic: Stuart Pearce

Striding along Kensington High Street with presumably his missus. Looked trim and un-punk like. Second time I've seen him, first was at a Selecter/Beat/Bad Manners shindig in Nottingham in the late 80s. He kept wandering round, contstantly persued by Forest fans chanting 'Psycho, Psycho' at him.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Re: Stuart Pearce

You should have followed him up the high street chanting the same.

Human kindness is overflowing

I didn't like to, he was rambling on about how to take a penalty and I didn't want to interrupt.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

That's at least 4 posts about him today and not a single mention of the cover of that Lurkers album sleeve. Must be a record.....

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

That Colin Murray podcast that someone (sorry) posted about is great with Pearce. Brilliant anecdote about when Clough wanted to sign him, Pearce had gone down injured during a game, looked up to see the Forest physio standing over him, asking if he fancied playing for Clough.

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

I am unashamed to say that Stuart Pearce is one of my all time heroes.  I named one of my kids after him.  A middle name admitedly. 

I would like to point out I have never met him.

I have never heard a ground erupt as much as this when Pearce came back for his second, or was it third, stint as Manger at Forest.  I wish this had worked out for him but turns out he is a shit manager.

Aim Low and miss...

Some noise that. He must have been absolutely buzzing hearing that.

Ashamed? As heroes go he's a good one.

Human kindness is overflowing

fulmine wrote:

That Colin Murray podcast that someone (sorry) posted about is great with Pearce. Brilliant anecdote about when Clough wanted to sign him, Pearce had gone down injured during a game, looked up to see the Forest physio standing over him, asking if he fancied playing for Clough.

That was me, glad you enjoyed it : )

Nembutal numbs it all
But I prefer… alcohol!

Cutsyke wrote:

Ashamed? As heroes go he's a good one.

I said unashamed.

Aim Low and miss...

Gigrash wrote:
fulmine wrote:

That was me, glad you enjoyed it : )

You're Colin Murray???

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

A legend.

I am just a common breed