Re: national League 18/19

Town managed to scrape a draw against the team lying 17th this morning. Preston levelled it at 2-2 in the 93rd minute. Plenty of grumblings from the fans, mainly about his substitutions. Or lack of them. Seems to take off the wrong people. And there is definitely something going on behind the scenes with Cameron King. Suggestion on the message boards that Fullarton won't play him and that something King did is behind it.
Anyway, Aldershot away next week. I'd say an easy 3 points but my mate is a fan and went to Hartlepool away today. 2-2 draw but he reckoned they should have won...oh dear.
Oh and the money men at Salford are top....

Last edited by Travis Bickle (Sat 29 Sep 2018 9:29 pm)

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: national League 18/19

Watched Wrexham today. Stuttered over the line to a 1-0 win .

To stand aside is to take sides.

Share

Re: national League 18/19

All under-12s only a quid to watch the Chesterfield game. Good move from the club. Hannah is doing her best to get kids at her school to follow their local team, bless her. At least two have asked their parents if they can go....

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: national League 18/19

Chris Kinnear has copped it at Dover.  Had to happen really but it is a shame as it is the players.  He has done so well and we punch above our weight consistently in this league with our financial structure.

Can't see who ever comes in now keeping us up.

JFH has been mentioned FFs.

Aim Low and miss...

Share

Re: national League 18/19

danpiesley wrote:

Chris Kinnear has copped it at Dover.  Had to happen really but it is a shame as it is the players.  He has done so well and we punch above our weight consistently in this league with our financial structure.

Can't see who ever comes in now keeping us up.

JFH has been mentioned FFs.

You better hope it's not National League "top manager" Paul Cox. He and his cronies were brought into Guiseley early last season on the promise of great things to come. Despite spending a fortune, Guiseley managed a princely 4 wins in 29 games under his tutelage, playing a style (I use the term very loosely) of football that the supporters despaired.

I believe he is still currently looking to "embrace fresh, blue-sky opportunities to further embolden his career."

Share

Re: national League 18/19

3-0 loss at Aldershot. Now my pal at work is a 'Shots' fan and he reckoned they should have beaten Hartlepool last week (drew 2-2). Fact is they were 17th this morning. And Town are now 13th after that drubbing. The natives are getting restless. Questions are being asked about Fullarton and both his style of play and, more specifically, his use of subs.
I do think he gets the team to defend too deep at times and I know he doesn't have the money other clubs do in this division, but he needs to start winning matches. Chesterfield at home next week is a massive game for him now.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: national League 18/19

Tolley wrote:
danpiesley wrote:

Chris Kinnear has copped it at Dover.  Had to happen really but it is a shame as it is the players.  He has done so well and we punch above our weight consistently in this league with our financial structure.

Can't see who ever comes in now keeping us up.

JFH has been mentioned FFs.

You better hope it's not National League "top manager" Paul Cox. He and his cronies were brought into Guiseley early last season on the promise of great things to come. Despite spending a fortune, Guiseley managed a princely 4 wins in 29 games under his tutelage, playing a style (I use the term very loosely) of football that the supporters despaired.

I believe he is still currently looking to "embrace fresh, blue-sky opportunities to further embolden his career."

Sounds like fun.  jesus, how do these cunts get away with it.

In exciting Dover news.

1) We got fucking hammered at home by Salford 1 - 4 on saturday.

2)  Kinnear was sacked as he did not hand his homework in.  I shit you not.  He was asked three weeks ago to hand in a detailed plan of his 'vision' of how he intended to arrest the slide Dover are in and to ID transfers to aid this.  By all accounts he did not do this so was sacked.

Load.  Of.  Old.  Cunt.

Aim Low and miss...

Share

Re: national League 18/19

So Dover appointed Andy Heesenthaler - he of rugby tackling Andy Reid fame and not getting a red.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footb … crime.html

First thing he has done he make us full time.  Who the eff is going to pay for that?

I read a story about him as a player manager at Gillingham where the Ref sent him off (to the stands) and Hess promptly subbed himself on a player to wind up the ref.  which did make me smile.

Aim Low and miss...

Share

Re: national League 18/19

danpiesley wrote:

First thing he has done he make us full time.  Who the eff is going to pay for that?

That's the first thing Cox did at Guiseley. As contracts generally run July to June, there were few decent players freely available mid-season to sign. So they ended up paying over the odds for journeymen or players other clubs were glad to get rid of.

There were several part-time players who didn't want to change, due to their non-football careers and other commitments. Despite promising that this wouldn't affect their selection, it clearly did, causing a major rift in the squad.

Not only that, but the plan hadn't been clearly thought through. They didn't have any facilities available to them for the full time players to train.

Good luck to Dover anyway.

Share

Re: national League 18/19

^^^  Apparently the training issue is already an issue as they share with Ebbsfleet where they train.  Not sure where that is, but in short they don't have the facilities to train four times a week - only twice. 

You would have thought someone might have thought of that eh.

They have also signed some players.  Is the conference not subject to transfer regs the same as the league?

One purchase and one loan.

Aim Low and miss...

Share

Re: national League 18/19

danpiesley wrote:

They have also signed some players.  Is the conference not subject to transfer regs the same as the league?

One purchase and one loan.

Apparently not. Last season Guiseley somhow managed to get up to something like squad number 49.

And that was with the number 1 jersey being recycled, when they sold their main goalkeeper to Accrington Stanley, and brought in a replacement.

Share

Re: national League 18/19

A squad of 49!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Fucking hell!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did that pan out?

Aim Low and miss...

Share

Re: national League 18/19

danpiesley wrote:

A squad of 49!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Fucking hell!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did that pan out?

Worked a treat,they got relegated!!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Share

Re: national League 18/19

danpiesley wrote:

A squad of 49!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Fucking hell!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did that pan out?

As the Guiseley owner found out to his cost, if you want to make a small fortune in football, first start off with a large fortune in football...

To his credit, and obviously to the supporters' relief, he's stuck with the club, and they've re-cut their cloth accordingly, with a more realistic approach given the club's current standing and numbers through the turnstile. They've also already blooded 3 of last year's academy players in the first team this season. (The academy did very well last season, reaching the final of some national academy competition, albeit probably for non-league clubs.)

I don't think there was ever 49 there at the same time, although there was probably somewhere in the mid-30s at one stage. In addition to all the part-timers frozen out, they brought in a myriad of have-beens and half-crocked journeymen. They were bringing in them in probably under contract to the end of the season at least, then couldn't get rid. They were still having problems this season off-loading players brought in on too-high salaries who were still under contract. Hearsay is that the agents did well out of Guiseley last season.

Guiseley isn't the first club, nor likely the last, who were overly ambitious.

Share

Re: national League 18/19

Half price at Guiseley today woth any other clubs season ticket.

Share

Re: national League 18/19

It's on - the great escape - Dover nearly out the bottom four!

Aim Low and miss...

Share