Topic: Premier League 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45811803

Re: Premier League 2

He has a point, the financial gap is simply too wide to compete these days. Bournemouth are an anomaly, but the rest, Huddersfield, Fulham, NUFC et al. could all easily head back down again. IF, we manage to go up, we will likely do the same and come straight back down, whats the bloody point? With all the contracts to be offloaded etc etc

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

I've been saying it for ages.  If you keep putting a team on Sky 20 times, it gets bigger audience figures than most PL games and pay them shit by comparison, it will be challenged. 

I can't see AR signing up to anymore collectively bargained TV deals.  Of course he won't give a shit when we get promoted and neither will I

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

If you think that's bad you should see the gap between League 2 and the Conference. Teams dropping out of the League get between £700-800k. They get a few grand in the Conference. When you realise that it costs a minimum of about £1m to run a Conference team for a season the difference is clear.
Always bugs me when you see them banging on about community links and grassroots in the Premier League and then there are literally billions floating around.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Reggie Perrin wrote:

I've been saying it for ages.  If you keep putting a team on Sky 20 times, it gets bigger audience figures than most PL games and pay them shit by comparison, it will be challenged. 

I can't see AR signing up to anymore collectively bargained TV deals.  Of course he won't give a shit when we get promoted and neither will I

Of course, ElevenSports are likely chomping at the bit for the contract, or lets say, a PL2 contract....

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'