Topic: Quarry.

3 episodes in. One of the better things on tv at the minute. Set in Memphis post Vietnam, a damaged vet gets involved in contract killings + other shady dealings.
One of Scotlands finest Peter Mullan is in it too. Very gritty violent, I'd recommend it.  Sky Atlantic Weds nights.

Got more soul, than a sock with a hole.

Re: Quarry.

Brother was raving about this. Another on the list.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

App. gets very uncomfortable.  The bread knife and I are planning on watching it next week.

Aim Low and miss...

I did three episodes of this yesterday - easily the best thing I have seen in a long long time.

Based on some books I'd like to hunt out by Max Allen Collins - guy who wrote True Detective - has that feel about it as well.

The attention to seventies detail is bloody brilliant and nice short and punchy realistic violence.

One scene in ep 3 was so brooding and full of threat i could barely watch it.

Brilliant stuff.

Aim Low and miss...

Watched the 1st episode. Like it's style very much . I'm gripped. Have to wait for my misses to watch the first one . Then we'll watch the rest .
Unlike True Detective, I can understand the dialogue, which is a big plus .
Cheers for the heads up , it had gone under our radar.

To stand aside is to take sides.

Enjoying it.  Jesus, Peter Mullan is The Broker.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

I keep thinking I can hear his accent creeping in but he is pretty convincing.

The dialogue is on the whole understandable.

I also like the fact it is not riddled with faux philosophical vignettes, outlandish language wordsmiths and unrealistic retorts.

It is the epitome of hard boiled IMHO.

Bloody love it.

I at ep 5 and another cracking and pretty long tension builder where fuck all happens but by god it is hard watching.

Aim Low and miss...

Very good. Enjoying it.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

I've just bought a soul album - best of Stax '72 - and I don't like soul.  This show is well under my skin.

Aim Low and miss...

danpiesley wrote:

I've just bought a soul album - best of Stax '72 - and I don't like soul.  This show is well under my skin.

Otis Blue playing when his missus got back.  Slightly tense.

Buddy is the star of the show for me.  Ace.

Just done episode 1. Seems right up my street.

Ace

Eps 4 & 5 tonight.  Our lass doesn't like it which is just kind of gold standard recommendation we need gentlemen.

You know what is great about it.  There is none of this signposting or 'previously on Quarry' bollocks.

Being treated like an adult is refreshing.

Aim Low and miss...

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Eps 4 & 5 tonight.  Our lass doesn't like it which is just kind of gold standard recommendation we need gentlemen.

My misses binned it after 2 eps . I've watched it all now , really enjoyed it . I'd be ok if that's it , the end . Loved the music.

Anyone tried butter in coffee yet ?

I was going to ask that.   I've got to try it.   Reckon it will just give me a greasy top lip.

I've not tried butter in coffee (yet) but I bloody love a bit of french stick with half an inch of butter spread on it dunked in coffee.

I saw some French cunt do it in Amiens in 1992 for breakfast and it has stuck with me ever since.

Still - Quarry eh...Brilliant stuff.

Aim Low and miss...

I remember in French lessons at school, they showed us a documentary and for breakfast, one of the choices was toast and coffee - they dipped the toast into the coffee.

Big bowl type cup.

^^^  Laverly.  Hot chocolate as well.

Aim Low and miss...

Right - those cunts at Cinemax have canned this - no second series.

Does Mac die in the Mississippi or does he make it and get his head round all the shit the Broker has caused - we will never know.

Bastards.

Or have we a stone cold classic that can't be fucked around with to keep for posterity.

Aim Low and miss...

danpiesley wrote:

I've not tried butter in coffee (yet) but I bloody love a bit of french stick with half an inch of butter spread on it dunked in coffee.

I saw some French cunt do it in Amiens in 1992 for breakfast and it has stuck with me ever since.

Still - Quarry eh...Brilliant stuff.

It's quite a thing in America, you know, the frontier types.  I've been watching a few American woodsmen lifestyle you tubers lately.  They do all manner of shit from making wooden houses, catch/kill/eat and reviewing axes. 

One of them did a video on "bulletproof" coffee.  Basically coffee filtered over butter and high omega three oil then whizzed in a blender.  It's nice, I can recommend it.

Ahhhhhh - that is what that fat cunt Tom Watson did - he called it that.  Bullet proof coffee.  It helps you lose weight.  He is now an ex fat cunt.

It fills you up or summat.

I want to try it.

Aim Low and miss...