Topic: David Bowie - Glastonbury 2000

The full set - tomorrow night BBC4 10.55pm; https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bntp2p

Back story here:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/ … ne-set-bbc

Re: David Bowie - Glastonbury 2000

Nice one. Will be taping that tonight.

I was there for that.

I went down that day after doing a shift in a bar in Liverpool with the biggest group of not rights you have ever met.

Transit van job.

We took 100 bottles from the cellar and flogged them after walking straight through the trampled fences.

They left me there after I got a bit over excited and ditched me in a field. I had probably took the piss on the pooled chemical resources.

I sobered up (slightly) and devised a plan to get home which was as follows:

- Watch Bowie
- Steal a sleeping bag during encore when tents were highly likely to be empty
- Sleep in cinema field (watching Being John Malkovich - not an ideal film for my fragile state of mind)
- Somehow get home.

I woke up thankfully next to a bus leaving for Bristol and caught a train back to Liverpool. I may have gone straight to work. I may not.

I remember Bowie being acemans. Heroes was marvelous at the end of the set  which was a nice backdrop to my down-based thievery.

Sorry if that was your sleeping bag but I was in dire straights.

If it makes you feel any better I felt very guilty at the time. Warm, but guilty.

Loose Lips wrote:

I was there for that.

I went down that day after doing a shift in a bar in Liverpool with the biggest group of not rights you have ever met.

Transit van job.

We took 100 bottles from the cellar and flogged them after walking straight through the trampled fences.

They left me there after I got a bit over excited and ditched me in a field. I had probably took the piss on the pooled chemical resources.

I sobered up (slightly) and devised a plan to get home which was as follows:

- Watch Bowie
- Steal a sleeping bag during encore when tents were highly likely to be empty
- Sleep in cinema field (watching Being John Malkovich - not an ideal film for my fragile state of mind)
- Somehow get home.

I woke up thankfully next to a bus leaving for Bristol and caught a train back to Liverpool. I may have gone straight to work. I may not.

I remember Bowie being acemans. Heroes was marvelous at the end of the set  which was a nice backdrop to my down-based thievery.

Sorry if that was your sleeping bag but I was in dire straights.

If it makes you feel any better I felt very guilty at the time. Warm, but guilty.

I love this bit - extremely cogent.  Well thought out.  What could possibly go wrong!

Aim Low and miss...

I was a little wired. I have £12.50 on me when I woke up.

The bus was £12.50 exactly.

A proper stroke of luck. The bus was right there, illuminated in sunlight, like a gift from the gods.

Someone once nicked a pair of socks from my tent at Glastonbury. Absolute vermin.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Agreed. Socks are sacred.

Amen.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

This better be good, thought it started at 10 and have just sat through an hour on the making of bohemian rhapsody

CBIT wrote:

This better be good, thought it started at 10 and have just sat through an hour on the making of bohemian rhapsody

I managed 10 minutes of that, laughing at Brian May. Hoping somone would club him to death with a Badger in the middle of his guitar solo.

I thought it was excellent. He even walks on stage ace. I loved how let’s dance started. Much missed

I am just a common breed