Topic: Dover Athletic at home

FT: 1-0 Att:1356

Town won! And I missed it.

I was 'mentoring' a team of 6th formers in the Regional Mock-Trial Competition at Leeds Crown Court so the Mrs had my season ticket. Took the lad too. His first ever football match. Enjoyed it by all accounts. Told me 'Kossy scored' and is still singing 'Blue and White Army'.

Normal service will be resumed on Tuesday, replay with Morecambe in the FA Cup.

Last edited by Travis Bickle (Sat 17 Nov 2018 8:05 pm)

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: Dover Athletic at home

Travis Bickle wrote:

I was 'mentoring' a team of 6th formers in the Regional Mock-Trial Competition at Leeds Crown Court

Was this to familiarise themselves with potential future appearances?

I'm surprised that you didn't press-gang your good lady into knocking out a couple of hundred words to entertain us.

Perhaps Hannah could provide something?

"It was a lot better going with Mum than Dad because she doesn't swear as much..."

Bugger - I was hoping for a blow by blow account of how poor we were.

Aim Low and miss...

danpiesley wrote:

Bugger - I was hoping for a blow by blow account of how poor we were.

Nothing up front apparently. Lack of finishing cost them. Plenty of possession late on as Town did their usual sitting back and hoping to protect a lead.
Far from a classic but a win is a win...

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

His first football match. Look at the excitement, the anticipation....and look then look at the one with a couple of seasons at The Shay under her belt.....
https://scontent.flhr2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/46482825_10156327248441725_3550011527815757824_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr2-1.fna&oh=681a283e946c2aa522aa6a776eb2b111&oe=5C811DF3

H thought bubble: "I wonder how they get the words to go through a stick of rock"

Travis Bickle wrote:

His first football match. Look at the excitement, the anticipation....and look then look at the one with a couple of seasons at The Shay under her belt.....
https://scontent.flhr2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/46482825_10156327248441725_3550011527815757824_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr2-1.fna&oh=681a283e946c2aa522aa6a776eb2b111&oe=5C811DF3

That's a fair amount of leg room. Have you got seats in the equivalent of an aeroplane's emergency exit aisle?

My seat at Guiseley is more cramped than Ryanair.