Topic: Looking like a wierdo (or a cunt)

Sort of linked to the post preceding this one.

Just got in from a walk wearing in a new pair of walking boots. Anyway half way round I realised what I was wearing; walking boots, woollen socks, M&S  cord jeans tucked into woollen socks, casual connoisseur rambling tshirt, black helly hansen fleece under a luminous yellow Altura cycling jacket & I realised I probably looked a right berk?

I didn’t care either! Must be age? Any similar tales???

I am just a common breed

Re: Looking like a wierdo (or a cunt)

No

At the tail end of the nice weather I was loafing around the garden in a pair of trackie bottoms and t shirt when I decided to venture to the corner shop for a can of refreshing light ale or two. Being in a rather relaxed state of mind to begin with, I slipped on the first footwear I tripped over in the hallway and, because the sun had dipped and an autumnal chill was descending, lifted a jacket off the bottom of the bannister. I was halfway to the shops before I realised I was wearing adidas bottoms, a pinstripe suit jacket, a pair of black brogues sans socks and a T shirt that said WHITE MAN IN HAMMERSMITH PALAIS. I looked like a stoned Rab C Nesbitt.

I spend most days in desert camo army shorts, a Breton t-shirt and random trainers or flip flops.  The number of fucks I give about how that concerns other people is very very low.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Rudi wrote:

I was halfway to the shops before I realised I was wearing adidas bottoms, a pinstripe suit jacket, a pair of black brogues sans socks and a T shirt that said WHITE MAN IN HAMMERSMITH PALAIS.

How very Hull! Were you riding your mobility scooter?*

*Forgive me - an appalling cheap shot. For the record, as evidenced previously, I have a huge soft spot for Hull - but it has its amusing quirks.

Tolley wrote:
Rudi wrote:

I was halfway to the shops before I realised I was wearing adidas bottoms, a pinstripe suit jacket, a pair of black brogues sans socks and a T shirt that said WHITE MAN IN HAMMERSMITH PALAIS.

How very Hull! Were you riding your mobility scooter?*

*Forgive me - an appalling cheap shot. For the record, as evidenced previously, I have a huge soft spot for Hull - but it has its amusing quirks.

One of Bob Carver's final acts before he went to the big chip shop in the sky was to ban mobility scooters from his shop. Alienating his core customer base, but that was Bob, he didn't give a fuck.

Rudi wrote:

At the tail end of the nice weather I was loafing around the garden in a pair of trackie bottoms and t shirt when I decided to venture to the corner shop for a can of refreshing light ale or two. Being in a rather relaxed state of mind to begin with, I slipped on the first footwear I tripped over in the hallway and, because the sun had dipped and an autumnal chill was descending, lifted a jacket off the bottom of the bannister. I was halfway to the shops before I realised I was wearing adidas bottoms, a pinstripe suit jacket, a pair of black brogues sans socks and a T shirt that said WHITE MAN IN HAMMERSMITH PALAIS. I looked like a stoned Rab C Nesbitt.

big_smile

Not sure which bit is worst....or best???

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

I don;t feel so bad about going round the Asda with my old carpet slippers on now.

People are Twats

Wallabees, no socks, navy jogging bottoms, denim shirt and an orange cycling waterproof to open night at school. Met the Mrs there. "What the fuck???" Good job I changed out of my slippers, I think she would have had a thromby.

Human kindness is overflowing

No knitted peaked cap? Disappointing.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

It's my nipper's. She's not getting it back. Toasty.

Human kindness is overflowing

Didn't quite wear it but arrived at work today on the bike realising that I'd forgotten my work clothes.....trousers,  shirt,  undies,  socks

Briefly considered hiding away in my bib tights and thermal jacket but (thankfully) thought better of it

At home now 'working' - on here whilst watching HUTH

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

I've had a case of malingering this week.  Wife also had an acute case of malingering.*

we spent the week in Ron Hill running tights, I donned rugby shorts over the top to spare the populace of the Black Country of the contents of my lunch.**

Trespass fleeces, various waterproof jackets, karrimor hats and running gloves.  Coupled with chunky walking boots.

We walked of a morning over the cut and charity shopped in the afternoon and late lunched in spoons.

I for one did not give one flying fuck.

*acute stress and anxiety over my shitty job and being physically abused.

**My penis and testicles

Aim Low and miss...

I haven't seen much Ron Hill stuff for ages.  I'd love a nice fleecy two piece under a Ron Hill badge.

Reckon they are a bit like Norman Walsh, they don't want to make mass market anything.

Walsh attempted main stream.  M&s collab!

ha ha ha

I have a pair of proper old school walsh fell runners for all that fell running I do.

I love Ron Hill - not to tight, not too baggy.  The clothing, not the insane runner.  Is he dead?

Aim Low and miss...

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Reckon they are a bit like Norman Walsh, they don't want to make mass market anything.

Walsh trainers are ace. They do one called Lostock which is the bit of Bolton where I live. Made me buy a pair and they are acemans.

fuzzy dunlop wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Walsh trainers are ace. They do one called Lostock which is the bit of Bolton where I live. Made me buy a pair and they are acemans.

Walsh's are in some of the high end department stores over here, alongside the Diadora Heritage range, set you back $220 a pair mind. Proper English craftsmanship and anti-brand, costs... smile

#DoTheDai \o/

king of the slums wrote:
fuzzy dunlop wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Walsh's are in some of the high end department stores over here, alongside the Diadora Heritage range, set you back $220 a pair mind. Proper English craftsmanship and anti-brand, costs... smile

Just bought some more Normans.  Red and black trainers.