Topic: My Morning Jacket Forest Hills

In the old tennis courts. Probably holds around 10,000, which most likely explains how I finally managers to get my mitts on a ticket.
Two and a half hours of pure entertainment. No chit-chat, no, 'This next one's off our new album' bullshit just music, music, music. I don't have a clue what most of their songs are called, I usually just press play and shuffle between albums, but I reckon there was probably seven or eight I've never heard before. However, they grooved along and Jim James' voice was dead on. Real slice of Americana, up there with Wilco for me. Have to be one of the best bands currently on the go. No fancy set just five guys and a few flashing lights and a disco ball, a beautiful crowd comprised of everything from Deadheads to office juniors all singing along and have a great time. Local curfew meant they were on at 7.30 and wrapped up by 10.00. Suits this old sod big time.
Nice to see the old stadium cleaned up and given a new lease of life. I used to live a few blocks down from there and walked past the stadium most morning and evenings. It always seemed a shame to see it in decline.
Not usually a fan of outdoor shows but this one worked. Only the second band I can recall seeing live in which someone plays a flying v guitar. Can't recall the other, possibly Super Furry Animals

Last edited by Cuts (Sun 16 Jul 2017 5:37 pm)

Re: My Morning Jacket Forest Hills

Sounds ace that.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Now racking my brains to think of where I've seen a band at a venue named after a pair of trainers.

Reebok Sheffield City Hall.

Forest Hills August the 10th. I am going to quite possibly melt. Or fry. Or get soaked in one of this wild summer storms.

Human kindness is overflowing