Topic: Audiobooks

Not much of a fan but got a credit for a free book on Audioble. Anyone any recommendations? It's not just the book is it, the person reading it can make or break it too.

Human kindness is overflowing

Re: Audiobooks

There's a couple of Partridge ones (Nomad & We Need To Talk About Alan) that are voiced by Coogan as Alan, piss funny if you like Partridge.

Just listened to Orwell's Down and out...... Read by Jeremy Northam.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Tried once to listen to a Michael Connolly one but my mind wandered and I missed the thread of what was happened. At least in a book you can read it over again if you lose the plot; was too much hassle to try and rewind to the last bit you caught

Struggling In The Vortex, With My Jacket Made of Goretex, It Fits Wonderfully

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Js6G5I9PL._SX308_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

humphrey plugg wrote:

Tried once to listen to a Michael Connolly one but my mind wandered and I missed the thread of what was happened. At least in a book you can read it over again if you lose the plot; was too much hassle to try and rewind to the last bit you caught

Of the same mindset but it's a freebie.

The Partridge ones sound good. Read Down And Out. Have Curious Incident somewhere in this house, I'm sure.

There's a 56 hour long history of New York on there gets good reviews.

Went with Into The Silence as recommended by Under The Arches. I was going to buy the book but as a feeble it gets great reviews.