Topic: New World Symphony

Caught this on the radio the other week

https://www.npr.org/sections/deceptivec … can-anthem

What caught my attention was Largo, 10:40 in on the video below. I always thought it was English, most likely due to the Hovis adds and Colliery bands playing it.

Anyway, I've got this on really loud right now. Anyone ever seen an orchestra live? I quite fancy it now.

Human kindness is overflowing

Re: New World Symphony

I've seen a couple of orchestras live and they are brilliant

On another note,  British sea power have done some brilliant stuff that I'd like to see more of or other bands doing similar. They did a tour with a full brass band that was brilliant and the double vinyl is something else. They also soundtracked two silent movies. Seeing them perform those soundtracks live was brilliant.  Film on the big screen,  bsp with their backs to the crowd in the orchestra pit playing along.

Yeah I saw the Moscow symphony orchestra do Rachmaninov. Fucking ace.

Go see some, the drama & occasion is great.

I fancy going to see the planets & the Albert Hall in April.

I am just a common breed

This is now on my list.  All those mentioned would be amazing no doubt.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

I played in one. Snare drum, some cymbals and other bits of percussion. My music teacher and drum teacher reckoned it would be a good expeirence. Turned out it wasn't some schools thing but, from memory, the Leeds Symphony Orchestra. I.think the conductor was a bloke called Clive Timms. Googled him and that seems about right. Only rehearsed, didn't play a concert but I remember the sound being f***ing huhe.

Last edited by Travis Bickle (Sun 16 Dec 2018 9:23 pm)

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...