Topic: Great festive work

Think it's wonderful how this place stays open at Christmas.

For those of us who would otherwise use a public holiday to wander around pubs, shops, bookies etc., it's a great comfort.

Cheers everybody.

"We are The Fall"

Re: Great festive work

Have a good one YMaT.   Chance'd be a fine thing for me to wander round some boozers.  ????

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Merry Christmas, all. Sorting out festive food etc. Waiting for the offspring to emerge. If we get organised, smartish, me and the lad might go for a bit of a bike ride.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Merry Christmas all . Just done smoked salmon, asparagus and poached egg for Mrs dragon. Going to visit grandchildren, then step daughters for dinner and rest of the day and that’s walking distance.
Have a good one people.

To stand aside is to take sides.

Cheers Reg, all of you.

Presents? Wife's bought me one of them fucking Karcher window vac things for removing moisture.

Can't understand why I don't have any enthusiasm for trying it out right now.

Think I'll clean me bike this aft

"We are The Fall"

Got a 10" Lenovo tablet to piss about with this aft.

Setting off down to the beach shortly to share a bottle of fizz with the wife.
Then back to the digs for Christmas dinner with all the trimmings.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Kids are 9 and 4 so I still get all that great Christmas morning stuff.

Mrs did me proud. Suede tickets for Leeds. I moaned about the price and never got any. Good job there's only one tight wad in our house....
Currently listening to Bummed and drinking a very poncey IPA.....

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Went riding solo. The lad and his girlfriend have taken over the kitchen so Mrs G looks absolutely lost!
Steve Mason ticket for Feb/Leeds, The Beastie Boys book and a signed copy of Willy Vlautin's Don't Skip Out On Me ( plus CD's) are particular highlights.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Cocteau Twins now. And realising it's only lunchtime and that beer's 8%.....

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Happy xmas everyone. I am three and a half months into a 'recuperation' stay at Littledale Hall (check the pics on Google) and get out in March. Spending the day cooking for 38 degenerates, quite good fun. Not really supposed to access social media, but take a peek on here a couple of times a week to cheer myself up. Got some strange stories to share when I get a chance. Miss you guys. Take care

listen up at the back

Wife bought me this and got it framed https://www.habitat.co.uk/a-history-of- … thy-780193

Also got a M&S jumper , Nick Ellis - adult fiction cd , and a vouchers .

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

Hope it all works out Pat.  Sounds interesting, can't wait for the stories.

hendersonjones wrote:

Wife bought me this and got it framed https://www.habitat.co.uk/a-history-of- … thy-780193

Also got a M&S jumper , Nick Ellis - adult fiction cd , and a vouchers .

Dorothy, the designer for that one does a great series called, Lost Destinations.

https://www.wearedorothy.com/collection … estination

#DoTheDai \o/

patslaughter wrote:

Happy xmas everyone. I am three and a half months into a 'recuperation' stay at Littledale Hall (check the pics on Google) and get out in March. Spending the day cooking for 38 degenerates, quite good fun. Not really supposed to access social media, but take a peek on here a couple of times a week to cheer myself up. Got some strange stories to share when I get a chance. Miss you guys. Take care

Hang in there Pats Laughter. You're too old for that game. Peace and love to all of you OMJ types.

Got an ace book, David Grann The White Darkness. I know this because I bought it, wrapped it, and stuck it under the tree.
There's only me and Mrs up. I don't care, I'm just happy the kids are all here, eldest home from Yale and apparently having a great time there holding her own with the rich kids. Might go out on the bike later.

Human kindness is overflowing

Spent a packet, little one had school, they were putting on a show, she bottled it and pulled out at school blubbing. 

Missus cooked a chicken which was cock on. Helped the little one set up her Bosch work bench and get her drill going (trying to recalibrate buying her a dolls house and dolls for her birthday in November.

Watched E.T. on Netflix with the little one, she got it and can recite a few lines. Then took her for a bath where she just told me she likes Mommy more and then got out of the bath crying.

I got an electric eraser and some chocolates, which will stay in the bag until I get questioned, did you not like the gifts?

Last edited by king of the slums (Tue 25 Dec 2018 4:58 pm)

#DoTheDai \o/

Down at the mother in law's in the midlands as per but it's all a bit reduced this year as it's just four of us. I did the turkey, mother in law did the rest, just enough food for the four of us, nothing too mental.

Told my lad not to get up before 7.30 and he came in our room at 8. He thought I'd said 8, so he'd stayed in bed doing word search puzzles for an hour, straining at the bit. He's off his head and massively delighted with his two OS maps of Europe and The British Isles (physical) - he did get other stuff too. He's got a brilliant dry sense of humour, sat there munching on his roast potatoes and his grandma comes out with something inane, 'Sounds great' he says, turns to me, double eyebrow raise, carries on eating.

Got Lonely Boy by Steve Jones, Calypso by David Sedaris and The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce plus duds, toiletries etc. Had a couple of drinks, going to crank it up soon followed by favourite part of Christmas, 45 min walk with the lad putting the world to rights.

Enjoy the rest of Christmas all.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Sorry, meant to say good luck with everything Pat.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Was due to have dinner out with the Placids but succumbed to the Leeds United injury curse. So Nurse Placid dropped round a slap up curry and it was a belter. Stuffed and happy.

Stay lucky Pat.

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Merry xmas folks!

Thinking of Pat, Mol and Placid right now.

I had a good Xmas Day, took a moment to toast my Son's Mum and had a lovely moment with my Son, his step-brother and my wife. Our family. We became a family this year.

Then went to her extended family in Cheshire. Who are now our family.

Presents highlight = Chic box-set, stay-over in a poncey hotel and Danny Baker tickets.

I've had a great day, love and appreciate you all...