Topic: Biarritz

Got a weekend there soon. Anyone been?

Off with the enemy. So nothing to racy maybe a stroll on the Prom and round the shops killing time between breakfast, dinner and tea.

Re: Biarritz

Me.

Will come back to this.

Lots of strolling to do, quite windy with the sea being used for surfers.

If you can, take a trip to Saint-Jean-de-Luz, nice place.

And if you can go further, get down to San Sebastian. Lunch in France, dinner in Spain.

Been to Hondaribbia (sp?) just over the rivermouth in Spain, lovely little historic town with old blokes hanging round drinking and having pintxo (Basque tapas). As EM says San Sebastien is not far along the coast, that place is beautiful and the food amazing. If you're in the mood for fine dining Mugarritz is also nearby, well pricey but unforgettable for various reasons - cod tongues?!

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

Just 2 nights in Biarritz so will be staying there. I’ll do us a review for future Biarritz day trippers.

Wife's Aunty has a place in Sauveterre de Bearn, so we will be going there every year.

There's a huge hotel on the front - Hotel du Palais - looks ace, some history there no doubt...

placidcasual wrote:

Just 2 nights in Biarritz so will be staying there. I’ll do us a review for future Biarritz day trippers.

It's surprisingly small. One day is probably enough. As someone else said on here try to pop over to Spain, the bay at San Sebastian (1 hour on train) is well worth seeing.