Re: Running ... again

Just back from 6.5 miles. Going to try for an 8 or 9-miler over Xmas.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Nice one.

Went out last Wednesday and my bloody left calf went.  it goes a lot if I think about it.  Feels like the whole muscle is tearing.  Feels a bit better now so will try again on Wednesday.

Last edited by danpiesley (Tue 15 Jan 2019 2:32 pm)

Aim Low and miss...

Just done 8.5 miles. Longest yet. I reckon there's a few more to come.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Good work, TB.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Nice one TB.

I just went to the gym at work as it was dead - pulled me bloody calf again.  It felt fine and I went from walking to very light jog slowly and it popped.  Arse.

Ended up walking for 20 mins and then 20 mins on the bike before a 2 x sets of 4 weights things.  was doing them great big rope things making snakes and lobbing medicine balls at the wall and catching them.

Feel good now.  Apart from calf.  Need to give a good two week break from running.

Last edited by danpiesley (Thu 20 Dec 2018 4:25 pm)

Aim Low and miss...

Did a 6.5 mile run and decent MTB ride over Xmas and then got a f***ing cold. Throat's been like I'm back on the fags. Bit better today so going to have a 'jog' for a couple of miles. See how I go....

Last edited by Travis Bickle (Tue 08 Jan 2019 8:52 am)

My daughter wants to do the castle Howard Children’s. triathlon later this year. I would love to do the grown up one, so we could pose with medals. Every time I run though my hamstrings are really sore - probably linked to degenerative discs in my back. Trying daily stretching my it ain’t making much difference. Am toying with the idea of yoga or Pilates.

3.5 miles today. Still not 100% but not getting out was p***ing me.off. Felt better than I thought I would.

Four off road miles Monday, ave pace 10 mins.
Gym last night with a combination of cardio and weights.
Tonight - not sure

Feel pretty good at present.

Aim Low and miss...

Did 6.3 miles on Friday night. Booze-free evening after and woke up on Saturday feeling acemans.
Stupidly drank white wine last nigjht and feel like f***ing death today.
Am definitely binning booze for a bit. Feel like I'm getting less from it tbh.

^  This

Two weeks clean at present.  Injury free also.  The booze was a factor in the injuries as it is a muscle relaxant.

Four miles friday eve and four miles saturday morning.  Well happy.

Aim Low and miss...

Four miles last night on the tow path - right calf went - so much for my booze related injury theory.  Arse.  However I think I've been doing to much too soon.

I'll gym it tomorrow and avoid the treadmill.

Aim Low and miss...

Out tonight.
The Mrs did started with one of those 'coach to 5k' things late last year.
She did 23 miles last week and started with 5.5 this morning. Not that I'm competitive you understand........

Not long back. 7 miles. Happy with that.