Re: The EU Hokey Cokey

Cue the rioting

Cue Noel Edmonds.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

scootay wrote:

Cue the rioting

Good luck with that.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
scootay wrote:

Before the referendum I read everyrhing I could from both sides of the argument and absorbed everyrhing people posted. I listened to friends and family, I had loads of discussions in the pub, I watched many political programmes and I joined the leave camp. The majority of people I know also voted leave. Since then it's been a disgusting shambles and it's been handled terribly as we can see. Theresa may and her cabinet have been shocking and the EU have dry bummed us. I also think Corbyn is a Cunt and a dangerous one at that. He was firmly in the leave camp years ago, I watched an old interview with him the other day where he made it quite clear what he thought of the EU...now he's changed his tune. I'm all for brexit still and I want out. I'm happy with a no deal scenario and plenty are. I think we'll suffer in the short term and prosper in later years. I think the EU needs us a lot more than we need them. I'm sick of watching the biased news and biased BBC question time panels.. Thursday night's had four remainers and one leaver on the panel..  hardly reflects the vote does it? No one I know who voted leave has changed their mind, yet we're lead to believe the majority have changed their mind. I don't trust politicians and I don't trust the media. If they cancel article 50 or go for another vote I'm off down the capital to smash the place up.. the country is fucked already and there'll be some mightily pissed off people here.

It's inevitable there will be either a general election or another referendum.  This parliament isn't able to pass a deal or a no deal.  There is no mandate for no deal and there needs to be further debate.

Good luck with that

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

The WTO is run by faceless, meddlesome and dare I say it, unelected executives.

#DoTheDai \o/

king of the slums wrote:

The WTO is run by faceless, meddlesome and dare I say it, unelected executives.

And any of the 140 odd members can get your schedule of tarrifs.  Fucking hell, I'm reading up on it now, it's going to be a shit show for years but I'm looking forward to the buy British campaign.  Buy local where possible.

This guy is good:

Take a look at Graham Hughes #FBPE (@Ev … untry?s=09

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg … -the-abyss

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1074792711260127237

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Fuck me, has anyone read the WTO guide on trade terms for services?  Chuff my monkey, it's baffling as fuck.  Not to worry though, it's only 80% of our GDP. 

https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/se … ide1_e.htm

I've found the last few days fascinating, things seem to be changing by the hour. Hats off to Bercow and his stop fucking about and make a decision attitude.

This seems not far off from Armando Iannuci

This Predictions for next week? I think:
May loses vote.
One Amendment permitted for Plan B.
Norway-Plus proposed and passed.
May resigns.
Hard Brexiteer becomes new PM, inheriting a Soft Brexit.
Calls election.
Election inconclusive.
Calls 2nd Referendum.

So..
#RegisterToVote

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Harvest wrote:

I've found the last few days fascinating, things seem to be changing by the hour. Hats off to Bercow and his stop fucking about and make a decision attitude.

May loses vote.
May resigns.
Calls election.
Election inconclusive.
Calls 2nd Referendum.

So..
#RegisterToVote

If this came to fruition what would be the situation in relation to the £39bn exit fee?

It was a massive fuck up by the Tories agreeing the figure before any proper negotiation really started (putting the cart before the horse) but the EU won't want to forego such a large lump sum.

Who do you think you are, Bremner?

cordshoes wrote:
Harvest wrote:

May loses vote.
May resigns.
Calls election.
Election inconclusive.
Calls 2nd Referendum.

So..
#RegisterToVote

If this came to fruition what would be the situation in relation to the £39bn exit fee?

It was a massive fuck up by the Tories agreeing the figure before any proper negotiation really started (putting the cart before the horse) but the EU won't want to forego such a large lump sum.

I don't think they had any choice did they? Thought this was laid down as a pre-requisite for talks to begin by Juncker, Tusk et al. I might be wrong.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Mitaman wrote:
cordshoes wrote:
Harvest wrote:

May loses vote.
May resigns.
Calls election.
Election inconclusive.
Calls 2nd Referendum.

So..
#RegisterToVote

I don't think they had any choice did they? Thought this was laid down as a pre-requisite for talks to begin by Juncker, Tusk et al. I might be wrong.

Getting up and walking out at that point might have helped.

Mitaman wrote:
cordshoes wrote:
Harvest wrote:

May loses vote.
May resigns.
Calls election.
Election inconclusive.
Calls 2nd Referendum.

So..
#RegisterToVote

If that was the situation then explains why the negotitiations have been such a fuck-up, if the UK was in such a weak position to start with.
Like going to a car sales garage and informing them that you have £5,000 to spend on a car and it MUST be spent with them, and "what have you got for me?".
You'll end up with the car they want to sell to you, not the car you want to buy.

Last edited by cordshoes (Fri 11 Jan 2019 11:42 am)

Who do you think you are, Bremner?

I wonder what would happen if we simply didn't pay it.  Could they arrest us?

Anyhoo

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st … -1-5847370

Last edited by danpiesley (Fri 11 Jan 2019 2:37 pm)

Aim Low and miss...

danpiesley wrote:

I wonder what would happen if we simply didn't pay it.  Could they arrest us?

Anyhoo

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st … -1-5847370

They could take it out of the £60 Billion that the European Central Bank owes us.

People are Twats

Looking forward to the next 48 hours. Should be interesting..

My money is on, EU giving us more time and a General Election after she's resigned.

Corbyn has to go if labour have any chance to win.

^ Agree with all of that bar the Corbyn bit.

He's than man for me.

Aim Low and miss...

placidcasual wrote:

My money is on, EU giving us more time and a General Election after she's resigned.

I think there has to be a general election so that there can be a chance for a choice and a mandate for a way forward. 

I'm sorry to say it because he's transformed politics to an extent, well he's given us a left wing choice but my gut says they get a strong majority without him and Dianne Abbott.  I like him but I don't think he's a leader or at least what people want in a leader.  I kind of want someone who looks like they would punch a hole in a Labour club toilet wall.  I loved Bob Crow.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
placidcasual wrote:

I think there has to be a general election so that there can be a chance for a choice and a mandate for a way forward. 

I'm sorry to say it because he's transformed politics to an extent, well he's given us a left wing choice but my gut says they get a strong majority without him and Dianne Abbott.  I like him but I don't think he's a leader or at least what people want in a leader.  I kind of want someone who looks like they would punch a hole in a Labour club toilet wall.  I loved Bob Crow.

This.
JC was/is never going to be PM as he's been smeared to fuck as an unhinged lefty. You're average Joe, wavering voter won't have it, as far as I can discern and nobody would trust any of those with a Blairite background.
Keir Starmer, anyone?

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Starmer for me

I like him so much I literally bought the t-shirt (nearly led to a punch up in Brighouse Tesco once but that's another story). Saying that, even I can see an argument for a change. I wouldn't vote for it myself but can see why people want it. I suppose the real question is whether the party can continue in the vein it has in terms of policy if he went? Not sure it could.

Last edited by Travis Bickle (Tue 15 Jan 2019 3:22 pm)

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

CharlieG wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
placidcasual wrote:

This.
JC was/is never going to be PM as he's been smeared to fuck as an unhinged lefty. You're average Joe, wavering voter won't have it, as far as I can discern and nobody would trust any of those with a Blairite background.
Keir Starmer, anyone?

Starmer yes.  Lewis maybe.  Rayner maybe.  Gardiner yes.  Ummuna no.  Cooper no.  Despite them both making a lot of sense recently, their credentials are damaged due to past comments and allegiances.

CharlieG wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
placidcasual wrote:

This.
Keir Starmer, anyone?

I'm not usually ahead of the fashion but I did think he was an unhinged lefty before the smear campaign started - mostly because he was an unhinged lefty, and to be honest that's why I liked him.  It's only his post leadership wish to sell out to the political centre that upsets me.

People are Twats